Submit

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:16 pm
So i made an aquarium hobbyist group on facebook. Its called the St. Lawrence County Aquarium Hobbyists. Anyone can join and contribute whether you are in a different town, county, state, country, ect.. In fact i would like some knowledgeable people to join and contribute. Im doing everything and would like help. I want to add more fish profiles and more documents aswell as under each picture of fish diseases include cause and treatment. I know there are alot more diseases i need to add too, i just have so much to do and so little time.

Anyone interested in joining? http://www.facebook.com/groups/slaquariumhobby

I made it because the only place to buy fish is walmart and this horrid little pet store in the area unless you wanna drive 2 hours to this other horrid little petstore or petco. My plans for the group would be to network and buy sell trade livestock and equipment and have monthly meetings where proper fish care is discussed, possibly have fish shows and perhaps field trips to the large aquariums, ect.. Most of all i want to get out correct info.
Eventually if enough people joined i would go about trying to get the club registered as non profit and make an official webpage and allow a donation link and do other stuff non profit orgs do.

The horrid lil store that recently opened near me the owner is an employee at walmart in the disgusting fish section, i saw her sell a 6" violet goby and a 1 gallon tank, she also threw in my face her biology degree and in the next sentence told me fish grow to the size of the tank.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:41 pm

I joined. Good luck!

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:43 pm
Vanilla eXee

I joined. Good luck!

Thanks i recognized it was you from your chicken lol.
At the moment i am adding info to the saltwater fish pics i posted.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 pm
ladycrotalus
Vanilla eXee

I joined. Good luck!

Thanks i recognized it was you from your chicken lol.
At the moment i am adding info to the saltwater fish pics i posted.

xD Chickens, always giving me away.

That's great, I hope people will read the info. I've thought about doing the same thing around here, mainly because it's so hard to find what I'm looking for, and I'm willing to bet that there are plenty of fish keepers in hiding, but I don't have the patience to run a club.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

11 Cardinal 11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:47 pm
I just joined! 8D  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:49 pm
11 Cardinal 11
I just joined! 8D

awesome thanks

Everyone feel free to comment on everything, make fish profiles, add documents, and have fun.  

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 pm
Added some algae eater profiles, and algae photos so people can identify and fix the problem.

Now im contemplating starting up a reptile hobbyist group.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:16 pm
I joined! I think... Lol

Do you mind if I but a link to my FB group, I Support Goldfish and Koi in Ponds on there? And I'll put a link to your group on there in return =3  

Akari_32

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:37 pm
Akari_32
I joined! I think... Lol

Do you mind if I but a link to my FB group, I Support Goldfish and Koi in Ponds on there? And I'll put a link to your group on there in return =3

Whats your first name and ill check to see ifya joined. Sure you can advertize it everywhere and im a member of that goldfish and koi group too. I still gotta do a koi album and koi care document too. But im done working on it tonight, everytime i work on it i get headaches, not sure if its because of lookin at various pics or reading different fonts or what it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:32 pm
ladycrotalus
Akari_32
I joined! I think... Lol

Whats your first name and ill check to see ifya joined. Sure you can advertize it everywhere and im a member of that goldfish and koi group too. I still gotta do a koi album and koi care document too. But im done working on it tonight, everytime i work on it i get headaches, not sure if its because of lookin at various pics or reading different fonts or what it is.

I did it lol I ended up just looking the group up and sent a join request that way LOL I will link my group on your groups page as soon as I can =3 Thanks!  

Akari_32

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:32 am
stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed Someone just posted that they let their kid pick out the new fish from their converted SW tank ..... it is now a goldfish tank and they have in the measly 30 gallon 12 comets, 1 shubunkin, and 1 black moor. crying Why aren't people reading my documents, why do people do this stupid s**t without even asking in the group for advice?? crying And then there is the douchbag who has a 20 with 2 pairs of kissin gouramis and either a ruby shark or red tail black i forget but he wants to put a betta in there, i posted that the betta is gonna get shredded and he comes back saying he is gonna do it anyways.
I just feel like giving up and closing the groups.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:02 am
ladycrotalus
stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed Someone just posted that they let their kid pick out the new fish from their converted SW tank ..... it is now a goldfish tank and they have in the measly 30 gallon 12 comets, 1 shubunkin, and 1 black moor. crying Why aren't people reading my documents, why do people do this stupid s**t without even asking in the group for advice?? crying And then there is the douchbag who has a 20 with 2 pairs of kissin gouramis and either a ruby shark or red tail black i forget but he wants to put a betta in there, i posted that the betta is gonna get shredded and he comes back saying he is gonna do it anyways.

Don't give up! I'll come in and post more and help you try to talk some sense into these people. It's better that they hear it, even if they don't follow it, at least they'll have the choice to do the right thing.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 am
Vanilla eXee
ladycrotalus

Don't give up! I'll come in and post more and help you try to talk some sense into these people. It's better that they hear it, even if they don't follow it, at least they'll have the choice to do the right thing.

Thanks for the support , i just don't understand what part of "Responsible fish keeping" these people do not understand.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:46 am
ladycrotalus
Vanilla eXee
ladycrotalus

Thanks for the support , i just don't understand what part of "Responsible fish keeping" these people do not understand.

It's just the whole perception that because fish are so different from us, their lives don't really mean anything. People really think that.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items