Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Ringing the doctors

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Come on Balthazar

3,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 am
I should start this with 'I'm not very social'
I'm terrible at talking on phones and when i'm stressed i end up jumbling my sentences everywhere.

However i need to ring my doctors to make an appointment to tell them i have gender issuses.

I want to know,
1)Has anyone done this?
2)What do you say, apart from "I want to make an appointment about my gender issues" (That sounds silly)

I just want someones opinion sad My sister was a little bit vague, i never used make the appointments in my house...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:58 am
Just call your doctors and say i would like to setup an appointment, when they ask for what just say gender issues. Dont be scared, the receptionist isnt going to know who you are, or make fun of you. They wont say something mean, if they did then they could potentially lose their job.

KittiCat563

Gordums

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:47 pm
I would say asking your doctor is a safe bet, but I recommend talking to any trans circles about this. They're generally open to those questioning and such, and they all have everything you need to know about transitioning and can shed a bunch of light on gender issues! Some of the most amazing folks I have had the pleasure of meeting are members from these trans groups!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:04 pm
What they said!

But also, I don't know what it's like where you are (I'm in Canada) but when I make a doctor's appointment, the receptionist never, ever, asks what it's about. I went in twice a week for three months and she only ever said hello and goodbye, and "can I set you up another appointment?"

So maybe you can take comfort in that. And likely, your Doctor will be very very professional about it - relaxed and comfortable. Try not to be afraid!

Good luck hun.

Aureae

Come on Balthazar

3,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:49 am
Thanks for all the advice, I really appreiciate it ^_^
I followed all your advice but they had no open slots for appointments...
I'll try again next week though ^_^

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff