Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Adele Adkins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:57 pm
Is anyone else going slightly crazy for love of this woman lately?
I remember "Chasing Pavements" from a few years ago and not even realising it was her (because I'm slow like that) and then I heard everyone singing "Someone Like You" from her most recent album, 21. Well I listened to a bit more of the album, and her voice is incredible. I can't stop listening to her music, it's brilliant.

In a related topic, there's a person I think I like at the minute who I feel could like me, but is currently in a relationship with someone else. When I say "think I like", they're not the sort of person I would usually go for, but when I think of them with their significant other (and not me), it makes me sad. As a result, I've been listening to "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele (FINALLY, A LINK BETWEEN THESE TWO TOPICS) because it makes me feel all sad and s**t. I actually feel like grabbing my tenglass of Morgan's spiced and swigging away for the rest of the night, but I won't.

Discuss:

Adele being awesome

Those people you think you like but aren't quite sure, but you're sad when you think of them with someone else (this sentence was intentionally ineloquent).

Set Fire to the Rain being one of the best songs ever.

-Qui  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:08 pm
As much as i love Adele...mainstreaming is killing it for me.
Seriously...every channel on tv has some sort of ad with rolling in the deep and its killing it >_<  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 pm

She's quite addictive.
I love her cover of Make You Feel My Love. It hit me straight in the heart.
Her voice is so retro and entrancing.

A friend of mine was dying to go to her concert and right when they announced a concert near her, all tickets were sold out in 15 minutes. Can you believe that?! Well, she was a sad panda after that.

I could care less about mainstream. It doesn't keep me from listening to what I like.
Though I hardly listen to radio stations where I live.

Artist I love all around and can't get enough of: Josh Groban.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:30 am
I wanna make sweet love to her soooooo bad.

But hearing everyone and their mother's cousin singing "Rolling In The Deep" is making me a sad panda.

Den Dristige Djevelen

DelightfulCatastrophe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 am
Adele = awesome.

I love her voice; to me it seems so different. Not everyone sounds like her which is why I love her music so much. Rolling in the Deep is just getting so much attention; I wish they'd start playing more of her music because she is so talented. When she made an appearance on Dancing With The Stars, she wasn't feeling good at all. But she still went out there and she sounded incredible! Soooooooo talented!

heart  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff