Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Teeth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your teeth?
  My teeth are normal.
  My teeth are abnormal due to the evil that is inside me.
  My teeth are abnormal due to something that happened to them.
  My teeth are normal due cosmetic enhancement.
  Did ya say teef, yung'un? Dose were da days...
View Results

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:00 pm
So I went to the dentist because my teeth and jaw were killing me, and I was afraid he was going to have to remove 1/4 of my jaw. When I told M this, he asked, with a straight face, if I'd get to keep my tongue.

HOWEVER, this did not happen and I still have all of my facial bones. But I discovered that I grind my teeth, which is what was causing all the pain. Bought a $20 generic night guard, and voila, no more pain. It was like a miracle. *cue heavenly music* If things keep going like this, I'm going to be 18 again in no time!

But the important thing here, Suites, is YOUR TEETH. Tell me about all your dental abnormalities. I think it's fascinating. Post pictures if you like. We can have a thread full of teeth. It will keep the predators away.

For shark week, I thought I would mention supernumerary teeth. How awesome is that?

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:40 pm
*nearly spits water across the computer* Oh M. xd I'm really glad that your pain was such an easy fix, Szen! Maybe I'll look into that myself. ninja

When my upper canines came in, the babies weren't even interested in falling out yet, so my adult teeth came in over and in front of the babies. I looked like some sort of malformed vampire.

But at least I didn't have my mother's teeth. Her molars came in sideways. She had to have surgery to have them shattered and picked out of her jaw a shard at a time.

I assume this sort of thing is hereditary, as my grandmother's wisdom teeth wound up growing roots into her eye nerve canal thing. They can't actually pull her wisdom teeth anymore, because they might blind her in the process. gonk

Ifailedmywillsave

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
I assume this sort of thing is hereditary, as my grandmother's wisdom teeth wound up growing roots into her eye nerve canal thing. They can't actually pull her wisdom teeth anymore, because they might blind her in the process. gonk

O_____________________________________O
I never would have thought that could happen. I hope it isn't causing her pain.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 pm
Those teeth are sweet as ******** for myself, I have gapped teeth and I just might be too much of a cheap b*****d to get them straightened. I also still have all my wisdom teeth (one of which is crooked) and you would have to lobotomize me before I voluntarily agreed to get them removed.

The only picture I have showing any teeth. My mouth is <******** src="https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Elle313/Pictures/hrrrrrrkgggr.jpg" class="user_img" alt="User Image" />

Superna Zherom

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:06 pm
Szen
Ifailedmywillsave

No, it's not painful. smile She just left them too long before a dentist went "...You still have your wisdom teeth? Well they don't serve any purpose except to crowd your mouth so why don't we just take them out? *several x-rays later* ...Oh. Um... We shouldn't take those out. Ever."

Superna Zherom

As for myself, I have gapped teeth and I just might be too much of a cheap b*****d to get them straightened.

My front teeth are a little gapped, and the ones next to them overlap a bit, but it's sooo expensive to get them fixed, and it's not that big of a deal to me. confused That and I can't afford it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:02 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
Szen
Ifailedmywillsave

No, it's not painful. smile She just left them too long before a dentist went "...You still have your wisdom teeth? Well they don't serve any purpose except to crowd your mouth so why don't we just take them out? *several x-rays later* ...Oh. Um... We shouldn't take those out. Ever."

Superna Zherom

As for myself, I have gapped teeth and I just might be too much of a cheap b*****d to get them straightened.

My front teeth are a little gapped, and the ones next to them overlap a bit, but it's sooo expensive to get them fixed, and it's not that big of a deal to me. confused That and I can't afford it. sweatdrop
My dentist told me about it. Crowns for 3500... but I'll be damned if someone takes a saw to my mouth. I suggested Invisalign and she said they were like close to 9500 or something.

I was ready to take my own life with the compressed air tube.

I'm just going to say ******** it and avoid all the creeps that're gonna call me out on it.

Superna Zherom

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 am
Superna: That picture looks like a solid black rectangle with one pinpoint of light on it to me. XD;

Ifa: Oh, that's good! I haven't had my wisdom teeth taken out, and I haven't had any issues with them.

It seems odd to me, in general, how concerned people are with having perfect teeth. Who cares if they're gapped or crowded or whatever, so long as they aren't causing you problems? As long as someone's teeth aren't black and rotting, I couldn't care less. XD

I do find teeth interesting though. But don't say I should've been a dentist. The people with rotting teeth would gross me out. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:27 am
I have a gap between my two front teeth.
Other than that they look fine enough.
I don't usually get caught grinning anyway, so it's all good.

Den Dristige Djevelen

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff