Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
Taryn's plot thread [looking for scarentine's plotting!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:36 pm
User ImageName: Taryn Marie Procopio
Nicknames: None yet

Faction/Race Monster // Chimera

Personality: Taryn is smarter than you, and she knows it. All her life she's been at the top of her class, and she doesn't imagine that's about to stop any time soon. She has a bit of a chip on her shoulder, and while she may not openly debate in social situations, if she catches you alone or in class you may be in serious nagging trouble. Logically, this doesn't make Taryn all that popular, and she had little to no social skills. She will loom just outside of chatting groups and usually make an excuse to not go one place or the other if finally approached. It's a vicious cycle, and one that will continue so long as the chimera has no idea what she's doing. It isn't that she desperately wishes to have friends and a life outside of her studies, she does, but it's hard for her to step out of her shell and get there.

As with any teen, though, Taryn does have secret passions. In her case, it's in the kitchen. Sometimes a large maths book will be a farce, covering a packet of ghostly recipes. The shorthand in margins and on stray bits of paper may not be notes at all, but hidden culinary insights. Most of her indulgence happened outside of mealtime at home, as her parents would not approve of a hobby that takes so much time out of the day. Now, however, she is free to cook as much as she likes and whatever she likes. The fear of it overpowering her studies is not enough to stop her; she balances her time oddly well with no real social life.

Of course there is also the matter of the snake growing out of Taryn's rear-end. It does not have the same mind in that it does not speak to its host or for her, but the pair do seem to have a mental connection. The snake (named Abigail at a young age) has been known to react to Taryn's emotions, whether or not the girl herself wants to hide them. It also does, however, lash out at random with a reptile's instincts. Whether a separate or joint entity, the snake-tail is rather unpredictable.

Past: Taryn was her parents' pride when she began reading early, and from that point on had a standard set; she had to be better and faster than everyone at everything academic. She didn't mind the pressure, and eventually developed her own nigh-unhealthy studying habits to complement her parents' expectations. Every night was spent with a book in hand, doing homework or studying for upcoming exams, and Taryn was happy. The praise was a grand ego-boost, and the good grades a reward for all of her hard work. Every B was looked on as personal failure.

Between advanced classes and all-nighters, though, there wasn't much time for socialization. The friends Taryn made were school-only and of the same motivation; to beat everyone else. All of her social endeavors were study groups or project meetings, and dances were often skipped for studies or, more frequently, a lack of a date or even a group to go with. Taryn often wishes that she had someone to go to the movies with or tell all her secrets to, but there was no time and nobody willing, so she involved herself in her studies.

Why did they enroll at the academy? She would settle for nothing less. Since she was a child Taryn had wanted to attend Amityville Academy, and her parents had no reason to deny her. It is, after all, the best school in Halloween!

Humanoid Form: Of average height, with red skin and a pair of furry red legs. Her hair is a long, straight black and her eyes golden with goat-like pupils. Although her teeth are mostly humanoid, Taryn does have a set of fanged canines. Not being the most fashionable, she tends toward humble and studious attire, always lacking pants or shoes.

♥♥ LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE SCARENTINE'S BRIGHTER - PM ME! 8D ♥♥  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:37 pm
Looking for...
a crush

------This really can't be planned, but throw the boils at her!
a crush-ee

------Think your boil might like Taryn Go for it! I want this!
friends
------Taryn is all about making new friends now, and would love to meet anyone!
bullies
------Let's be honest, not everyone was kind to the nerds in high school. Gender doesn't matter and neither does year, but I want some realistic teenage dweeb-hate.
fellow nerds
------Is your student a dork? Taryn would love to meet them.
tutoring
------Taryn loves learning and loves teaching others. If a random happenstance meeting isn't for you, why not have your student teach Taryn something, or vice versa? How about a study group?

♥♥ LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE SCARENTINE'S BRIGHTER - PM ME! 8D ♥♥

Random hallway meetings are always open, and I'm always looking for rp!

PM me if you're interested in anything!

Taryn is totally available to be used in other people's plots however they may like!

bobaTJ

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:38 pm
Current plots...
↬ Y1 plot w/ Bea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:11 pm
-all over plot threads like woah-

Hey there! I have a valkyrie reaper, Hel, who could probably be a friend and need a student tutor! I imagine she has a hard time studying and might not have any study skills at all, period, so someone to help out with that would be awesome. : )  

Lucyal
Crew

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:39 pm
Lucyal
-all over plot threads like woah-

Hey there! I have a valkyrie reaper, Hel, who could probably be a friend and need a student tutor! I imagine she has a hard time studying and might not have any study skills at all, period, so someone to help out with that would be awesome. : )

Sure thing! I'm up for it whenever, most of the RPs I'm currently in have slowed down. Just make the thread and I'll be all up on it! B: <3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:24 pm
Awesome! Here you go:

Hel needs a tutor, bad

<3  

Lucyal
Crew

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Lucyal
Awesome! Here you go:

Hel needs a tutor, bad

<3

A quick question! Would Hel have gotten in contact with Taryn and pre-planned for a session, or is the plan to let them bump into each other randomly?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:39 pm
Rabid Ice Weasel
Lucyal
Awesome! Here you go:

Hel needs a tutor, bad

<3

A quick question! Would Hel have gotten in contact with Taryn and pre-planned for a session, or is the plan to let them bump into each other randomly?

Oh sorry, should have thought about that before hand! I imagine it's going to be a let them bump into each other, as Hel won't purposely go for help at first.  

Lucyal
Crew

alpha lyrae

Friendly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:25 pm
resurrecting your old plot thread to say that tset and taryn should play again sometime soon! V:  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Adding to resurrection: Mort and Taryn need to meet some more beyond possible homework collaborations. 83 He can at least get her started on tech stuff~  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:37 pm
Ol-j-man
Adding to resurrection: Mort and Taryn need to meet some more beyond possible homework collaborations. 83 He can at least get her started on tech stuff~

Sounds good to me! PM me if you have any specific idea? or just if you want to plot! Taryn enjoys Mort's company, even if he's initially mind-blowingly confusing. :V  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:17 am
I don't have any proper bully characters but I do have Charlie who CAN be a pain in the a**. Not a proper enemy but maybe he could offer some conflict.

I also have Neil who probably wouldn't openly bully anyone BUT is a bit of a douche. Taryn is a ghoul though so I don't know how hard he'd be on her. He actually really likes ghouls > >" So Im not sure if that would work.

BUT CHARLIE ON THE OTHER HAND. I can make him be a pain in the a**.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:42 am
Rabid Ice Weasel

Amarus can bully, I suspect > u> the flip side of her personality is a disregard for anyone she considers weak, and so far she doesn't particularly care for books or other activities she considers passive, so I suspect she would be a decent enemy? xD;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:34 am
Face your demons

I approve! >D

If you want to plot, you can ping me a PM or an IM if you have a messenger. o: <3

bobaTJ

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm
DANNY WOULD LOVE TO TAKE TARYN TO SCARENTINES~~~~

/shot

okay not really, but if i can help with your plot in any way, let me know! :3  
{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers