Goldfish Color

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xlove_buttonx

Beloved Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:45 pm
Okay so I was just wondering. I have 3 goldfish. One of mine is all white now. Is that normal? I read somewhere that they can change color with age. He is 3, but the other 2 are still gold... anyone else's goldfish change color?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 pm
xlove_buttonx
Okay so I was just wondering. I have 3 goldfish. One of mine is all white now. Is that normal? I read somewhere that they can change color with age. He is 3, but the other 2 are still gold... anyone else's goldfish change color?

Goldfish change color as they grow. Usually, they get more orange, but it can go other ways too.  

Akari_32

MysticGemstone

Partying Werewolf

9,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx

God fish change color as they grow. Usually, they get more orange, but it can go other ways too.

I agree, goldfish do charge colors as they age. And they can turn white or black it happened to me once. Completely gold and they change colors, I thought nothing of it. I thought it was pretty cool.
But it also depends on the breed of goldfish you buy too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:16 pm
MysticBlueDragon

I agree, goldfish do charge colors as they age. And they can turn white or black it happened to me once. Completely gold and they change colors, I thought nothing of it. I thought it was pretty cool.

For example, Black Moors turn orange as the grow. They might turn completely orange, they might keep black spots, some times their tummies just turn orange.  

Akari_32

MysticGemstone

Partying Werewolf

9,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:21 pm
Akari_32
MysticBlueDragon

For example, Black Moors turn orange as the grow. They might turn completely orange, they might keep black spots, some times their tummies just turn orange.

I had about five Black Moors very pretty with my beta all swimming in the tank with my glow-n-dark plants and a light that mimic the moon light.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:44 pm
wow! I thought he was dying at first. I did some research and thought was really odd. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with it too. That's really cool though, and odd. ummm i forgot what mine were, they were like 15 cents each. comets i think... I sure do love em though!  

xlove_buttonx

Beloved Genius

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces