Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
How often should I replace Rex's UV bulb?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:38 pm
Well, the title says it! Its a ReptiSun 10.0. I think Nilla said every 6 months? But she also said theres a way to test if its still 'working.' How/where can I do that?

Thanks bunches heart

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Yupp, every 6 months is best. There are meters that can be used to check the UV on the lights, you may want to check into your local herp groups and see if anyone has one/knows where you can find someone that has one, I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but I will look into it for you.

And I can't remember who, but I think either imderanged or aki had a vet that doing a study on the effectiveness of certain lights, so you may even be able to ask your herp vet if they can help you there.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

imderanged

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:30 pm
It wasn't me who's vet was running the study, sorry. But yes, I've also read that the rule of thumb is 6 months for a tube UVB and 1 year for a MVB.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:18 pm
Ok, so its deffinatly time to replace it then 3nodding

I also noticed that even though he's eating, he's getting a bit thin, like before we got his UV bulb. I got his current bulb Jan. 26th, so I've had it 7 months, then. I went on the hunt for one today, but I guess 36 inch 10.0 UV bulbs just dont exist here confused I guess I'll just reorder it online D=

Off to figure out which website I bought the silly thing on!  

Akari_32

Akari_32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:28 pm
Rexies new bulb is on the way! =D I probly wont be here for it, since I'm moving tuesday, but my mom'll get it =3  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games