Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Advice. . .Also Kind Of Venting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Banghart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 am
OK so I know this probably won't really get replies, but I think it will make me feel better just to get it out there. I mean I have no one better to tell. . .

Well I don't really know where to start. I guess there just a lot going on for me. I'm really confused on what I should do about this one friend I have. She's really Christian, and really hates that I'm not straight. I even asked her what she would say if I was about to die, she said that she would try to get me to pray for forgiveness. . . I know that she's just worried about me, but it still hurts sometimes. I'm not sure if I should continue to just put up with her constantly telling me I'm confused and that I need to find a boyfriend, or talk to her and get her to stop. I try to see from her point of view it's just hard sometimes. I've posted asking for advice on her before, I guess it just keeps coming back up.

Then I'm also really conflicted on weather or not I should come out to my mom. It's really killing me that I can't talk to her about it. I've always been really close to my mom and always told her everything. I'm just not sure how she would take it. She's the only reason I'm still in the closet. I don't really care what the people at my school think about me. But if my mom hated me. . .I think I would go crazy. I'm pretty sure she would just say I want attention. And what would fuel that is the fact that her boyfriends past girlfriend had a daughter who's lesbian. She told me that and if I came out to her she would just say I'm coping her. This even happened when I told her I wanted a golden retriever, she thought I just wanted one because my friend has one. It gets annoying sometimes.

So yeah there's some other stuff but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to make my life sound horrible, because it's not. This is just a lot ME maybe not for ya'll but I've never really had big situations like this in my life before. The biggest thing used to be weather or not this guy likes me. A lot of things changed for me in one year, I guess I'm still adjusting. I just don't really have anyone I can talk to about this kind of stuff. Only two of my friends know I'm not straight (and the reason I keep saying not straight is because I don't know what I am yet. I just know I'm not straight, if that makes any since) and one of them finds it awkward and the other just tells me to wait for that right guy to come around -__-  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 am
It is a complex situation you seem to be in, one I have never been in.

As far as the friend goes, she either accepts you or you don't, which leaves you to some options. You try to explain it to her as best as you can, put up with her belief and not talk about your sexuality, or stop being friends with her.

With your mom, even if you don't know what exactly your sexuality is, you could come out to her as bisexual or even pansexual. By this you could use it as a stepping stone to your mom's reaction as well as a step into giving yourself some time in finding out who you are. There are a lot of people who have done this and it provides almost an easy gateway that (sometimes) allows an easement for others to begin to accept who you are. Or at least that's my perspective on the matter.

I hope you get things sorted and this insight is in some ways helpful (keep in mind, whatever is posted, not just by me but by anyone, you don't have to do)  

FauxZombie

Banghart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:35 am
FauxZombie
It is a complex situation you seem to be in, one I have never been in.

As far as the friend goes, she either accepts you or you don't, which leaves you to some options. You try to explain it to her as best as you can, put up with her belief and not talk about your sexuality, or stop being friends with her.

With your mom, even if you don't know what exactly your sexuality is, you could come out to her as bisexual or even pansexual. By this you could use it as a stepping stone to your mom's reaction as well as a step into giving yourself some time in finding out who you are. There are a lot of people who have done this and it provides almost an easy gateway that (sometimes) allows an easement for others to begin to accept who you are. Or at least that's my perspective on the matter.

I hope you get things sorted and this insight is in some ways helpful (keep in mind, whatever is posted, not just by me but by anyone, you don't have to do)

Thank you for the advice. And I was thinking about coming out to my mom as bisexual, but I'm pretty sure she would jump on the GUY part of that. . . I don't know, I ALMOST told her once, I said "Hey mom," Then chickened out and said "never mind" I guess what I'm really worried about is that once I asked her what she thought about homosexuality, she said she found it to be unnatural and wouldn't be OK with it if I was homosexual, but she said she wouldn't be OK with it because of the way people could treat me. I just don't know how to take that. But anyway thank you for taking time out of your day to answer this!  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games