Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Applications :|

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Applications?
  I go at it with a will!
  Necessary evil.
  *temper tantrum*
  Why fill out applications when you can be a perfectly successful artist at home?
  I'll take Multiple Answers for $300, Ifa.
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:12 pm
I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate filling out applications. It always makes me feel anxious and dirty. What three traits will help you succeed here? Uh, well, I need the money, so I'm unlikely to quit? Oh, wait, I can't actually say that. Where do you see yourself in five years? Let's be honest, no one's likely to want to be here for five years. In five years I want to be a successful librarian or editor, not working at the local drugstore, mkay? No, wait, scratch that... confused

What is your desired wage? Um, you will pay me what you want to pay me pretty much regardless of my desires, so why ask? Why don't you offer me something and we'll negotiate from there? I mean, I'd like to be paid at least $10/hr, but let's face it, you're going to pay me something like $7. And if I say I want $10+, you're going to think I'm greedy and/or ambitious and not want to hire me, but if I low-ball it and say $7 and you were going to pay me $8, you'll jump on the chance to pay me less.

The whole application process is so full of pitfalls and traps that I keep putting it off. Bleh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:34 pm
I agree. It sucks a lot. I've filled out several applications since January and have yet to get one call back. I really wish I could just work from home doing something I like, but no one will pay me to do that.  

Katarica

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff