Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Game Masters Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: writing, stories, character, development, feedback 

Reply General Discussion
Do you think it's right to write friends into your story?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:53 pm
ie. writing a character based off a friend. In my current story I've got a character based off a friend - very very loosely - and now I have some other friends asking me to be in it and this got me thinking: is it right - or fair - to write friends into your story?

Hope everyone's having a good day smile -Em  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:16 am
I sometimes write my friends in my stories, but I only use them if I write short stories. I may use some of their daily actions, but I never put their personalities into it. I like it when they guess who is who.

But it is up to you. Just be careful, some friends try to tell you how to write them, that is of you use 'em.  

Raxle

Spacey Waffles

Siegfried006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:37 pm
This is an old thread, but I think it's a good one to address.

Writing friends into a story is okay, but letting them dictate what they want themselves to do it not. Because it's ultimately your story and if you want them to do something then its up to you, not them.
Also, generally speaking any and all characters ever created are based off of someone. Having a large group of friends is good because then you can take personality traits that you want whatever character you are creating to have and not have it based on one person.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 pm
I used to write stories involving myself and friends of mine all the time... xD
Surprisingly enough, when I would give them a chance to read what I had written, most of them commented about how I had gotten their personalities down perfectly. o_o They weren't really scared by it or anything, just thought it was sorta cool that I knew them that well.

Perle Angelique

Feral Turkey

40,400 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion Cardholder 100
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items