Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:00 pm

My boyfriend's little brother Jack is 13 months old, and he really likes animals. He has a cat and a dog, but his cat is really mean so they're not allowed to play together. So when his mom brings him to our place, he gets to play with my kitty instead. At first she was not okay with even having them in the house, whenever they came over she'd run for cover. But as she's gotten used to them (stays where she is instead of bolting when the door opens) I've started bringing her over to Jack. As scaredy as she is, she's not the type of cat that will scratch or bite when she gets scared.

After a few times of this, she's finally comfortable enough to not only let him sit with her, but today she even rubbed against him. So now we're teaching him how to play nice with the kitty, and she's a good cat to do that with because she's very patient. Today, he pulled her tail (NO Jack, you pet the kitty), stuck his finger in her eye (she closed it quick enough, no worries) and shoved my camera in her face. She took it all like a pro, not even flinching. He also sat and petted her very nicely after, so he is learning. It's so cute, I've gotta get a picture next time. One thing she doesn't like is when he crawls, because he crawls really fast and she doesn't like that.

Whenever he sees her, he gets all happy and starts crawling after her. He chased her around a little bit and THEN, she was sitting on the couch and he started trying to walk to her smile Animals are good teachers, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:41 am
when we have a baby i know fluffers will do well since he puts up with anything we do to annoy him. you can hold upsidedown and he just doesnt care lol. plus he is declawed

reign i fear may try to murder my offspring. she has very little tolorance and would rather spat you with her claws than move out of your way. she will keep her claws and she enjoys using them on our legs when she is happy. she kneads HARD! im sure by the time we have a baby though she will learn to stay up on high places out of reach  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items