Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I can't believe I am doing this again

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, he's a Terrier Mix... any guesses on specifics?
  Yep (Posts)
  No clue. He's a mutt and that's all.
  No guess. But he's cute?
View Results

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:51 pm
but this pup, Moze, was going to a very high kill shelter on Saturday if his owners couldn't find him a home. Well, they couldn't, and *I* sure can't have an incredibly energetic terrier mix living at my parent's house. So I am FOSTERING Moze and trying like the dickens to get him placed ASAP (in other words before my dad kicks him (and me?) to the curb). So his old owner's have left the state and I have this hyper puppy on my hands who IS incredibly winsome, but really he can't stay here.

So, if any of you want to pass on this information to a family (he loves kids and really misses them!) you know in the area of Utah, here is his adUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:34 pm
jack russell X ???

He's a cutie <3 it was great of you to save him, hope he finds a home soon biggrin  

imderanged

Kaeotique

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:16 am
Hmm maybe Parson Russel x Chi??

Good luck! And all my best to you for doing such a good thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 pm
Yeah, I thought he looked a bit like a Jack Russell (aka: Parson's) mix myself, which if what I told his new owners was my guess. Yep, Moze went home with his new family yesterday... I miss him, even though we hardly had him!

I (gently) turned down the first lady who wanted him. She was an older lady and said "I'd really like him as a lap dog." I told her Moze was SMALL like a lap dog, but really was VERY VERY energetic and did NOT sit on laps. I told her I thought he probably wasn't a good match. She persisted, "but he LOOKS so cute. I think he will be just fine." (Yeah, THAT'S a good reason to pick out a dog. He LOOKS like a lap dog, even if the foster family TELLS you he is just NOT one. rolleyes ) I finally told her that I was waiting to hear back from a family but that's I'd call her if it didn't work out. It wasn't a complete lie. I WAS waiting for a family... they just hadn't called me yet! Hee hee!

Finally I did hear from "the" family. 2 actually! In the end both were great but one was waiting to get approval from their landlord, and I was worried about keeping him so long HE got too attached so that it would be a big stress on him to leave. So I went with the family that was appropriate AND could take him sooner. They are a young couple with a little boy. Normally I wouldn't reccomend the breed to someone with a toddler, but Moze was a remarkably UNnippy pup and very patient with little ones.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kaeotique

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 am
Ahh so glad he's found his home! He'll have a good friend in the little boy, I'm sure.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games