Futurish Help (:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

w o l f - s m e x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 am
Sorry, I'm posting A LOT lately.
But then I want to become a veterinarian when I'm older. Is there anything that I need to mainly focus on at school? Like certain subjects or certain classes in science?
I really want to be a veterinarian when I'm older((:  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 am
chemistry, science, and to a lesser extent math. Vet school is competitive though, so you may need a high average. Do you have a school councellor you can talk to? Languages are important too. Where I live french is a very common language and so english and french are taught in schools. Customers will often only speak one language though and you need to be able to read, write, and comfortably communicate in both if you want a job.

Spelling and grammar are important when you are writting up prescriptions or filling out a medical file.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:10 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
chemistry, science, and to a lesser extent math. Vet school is competitive though, so you may need a high average. Do you have a school councellor you can talk to? Languages are important too. Where I live french is a very common language and so english and french are taught in schools. Customers will often only speak one language though and you need to be able to read, write, and comfortably communicate in both if you want a job.

Spelling and grammar are important when you are writting up prescriptions or filling out a medical file.
Languages definitely depend on the area. Here in Utah, I would have been really smart to get more Spanish under my belt! Oh well, at least I know a little, and ASL as well. But I should take another class, even just a community ed one.

I am not in veterinary school, but I am studying vet tech. Be sure to get in the biology and chemistry you will need, but Gab is so right about the English. I know that the inability to spell correctly so affected one classmate's grades (our professor is the department chair, a bit of a B***h, and regularly marks answers wrong that are misspelled!) he was forced to leave the program. Sad, too, because otherwise he was a very accomplished student.

IMHO, the most important thing in high school isn't the classes you take, though. It's your general grades, attendance, and study habits that matter. You will learn what you need to in college, you learn how to learn in high school.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games