Accident prone doggies for everyone! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:37 am
I would put the whole bandage on and just deal with the hissy fit. If it solves the problem, its all worth it. Plus it can reduce any damage done by your family letting him out, since he can't use the leg.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:20 am
Savage Destiny
I would put the whole bandage on and just deal with the hissy fit. If it solves the problem, its all worth it. Plus it can reduce any damage done by your family letting him out, since he can't use the leg.

It's just...I'm not a vet. I know how to make the bandage, how to check that it's not to tight etc. But I DONT know how long it should be on for, I don't know when to start letting him walk. If it's too soon to take him swimming etc.

Done properly, the Robert Jones bandage completely restricts his movement and prevents him from putting weight on it. But that means little circulation. And sometimes a dog will not use a leg that is actually healed just from memory of it being painful to use it.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:28 pm
Alright, I fail at being patient. Called and made an apt for Tuesday with his physio therapist. I was gona make it for tomorrow, but, I feel like it's worth the wait to see THIS vet cause he's much more knowledgable when it comes to figuring out exactly which tendon or ligament is injured. I think if I see any other vet they will just want xrays and then tell us to do a week of rest and come back.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff