Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Times Forever :D

Back to Guilds

A place to hang out and have fun. 

Tags: roleplaying, happy, time, chat, cats 

Reply Ty's Happy Time: The Terra :D (New stuff!)
The Unforgiving Sun (Open/Still accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rayne Engel
Captain

Hallowed Rogue

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:37 pm

Myst gave him an odd look when he pointed out she could have possibly been a fast drawer, not sure if he was trying to get somewhere with the complement. She shrugged and put the thought aside as he offered a game. "I hate to say I've never heard of it before. If you want, you could show me." She smiled politely and slid him the shuffled deck of cards, waiting for him to take the lead.

Pascal shook his head and eyed the other male wearily. He had problems trusting others, despite a bar being a fairly neutral place between the good and the bad.
"I'll pass. Never been fond of playing cards." Myst smiled and nodded her head, "ever since he lost it all, he hasn't touched cards since. A recovering addict of gambling." The man glared at her and turned his back, peering out at the crowd.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:53 pm
James grabbed the deck from the table with his left hand, the face of the cards facing toward the palm of his hand and flicked through the bottom left corner of the deck with his thumb. The cards felt well used in his hands, but it was far from the worst deck he had used. He cut the deck once, taking the bottom half and putting it on top and grabbed the top card between his index and middle finger, passing one card to the lady on his left, then one to the ex-gambler to his right, and finally himself with each card landing roughly in front of the person they were intended. Once each had a card he continued to pass the three of them one card until each had five. "We'll just gamble information then, how's that work for you?" Jim the Kid picked his five cards from the table, fanning them out in his left hand and taking a nice long look at Ciaran as she worked.

"Five Card draw is simple. Each person gets five cards, there's a round of betting, then you get to select up to four cards from your hand to exchange for that same number from the deck. There's one more round of betting, and then you lay 'em flat on the table to see who wins." The Bounty Hunter looked form the waitress to his cards for the first time assessing his hand. The ten of clubs, three of diamonds, king of clubs, king of spades, and jack of hearts was a solid start. "Poker's awful with only two, won't you join us? He turned his eyes lazily up from his cards to the man at the table. "Your turn to bet miss." There was a sly twinkle in his brown eyes as he turned his attention back to the lovely viper on his left, trying to get a read on the idea he had so effortlessly proposed.

((So I just shuffled a deck I had at home and dealt for three people. Feel free to do the same if you want or, just go with whatever you want to for the other two hands. Just don't use my cards unless you wanna make things tense. twisted ))  

Strifer Garuwashi

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:26 pm
((Bah, poker! Blackjack is the best.))

Ciaran glanced over occasionally to where Jim and the bandit woman were sitting. A little knot of unease had formed in her belly when the bounty hunter at stared down every bandit in the tavern, gun out and humorless smile on his lips. Even though the look had faded, and wasn't present in his eyes in the moments she noticed that he was watching her, it was still there. She imagined that she could recognize it in the dealing of the cards and the way he sat, but it was hard to tell.

Pit reigned in his mount a bit more as the ravine where the camp nestled in came into sight. It was a semi-hidden location. There were plenty of ravines just alike to that one, and any one of them could house a multitude of threats. Streamers of smoke trickled into the sky, almost invisible against the bright sky. The boys must be using the really dry stuff, the bandit thought to himself, smiling. It wasn't that they feared unwelcome company, it was more habit.

Across the dried landscape, Pit could see the men he'd sent to the only town in sight that wasn't a smudge on the horizon. They were small black dots against the sandy brown and swerved to converge with a few other dots filtering out of the settlement.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:17 pm
((Placeholder for Rayne, puppeting with her permission! She's been busy lately. Also, I've never pokered, so you'll need to help me with cards and such.))

Myst brought her glass up to her lips, following Jim's distracted gaze as it drifted once again back to the clumsy waitress. The girl's friendly demeanor in the den of bandits and highwaymen had charmed the boy, she suspected. As far her knowledge went, they were strangers to one another. She casually lowered her eyes to the array of cards that had been passed across the table when the bounty hunter returned his to his own hand. She tapped the card backs thoughtfully. "Information is just fine with me. It works just as well as money, here. Pascal, sweetie are you sure you don't want to join in?" She batted her eyelashes at her companion.

Pascal made a sour face, glaring from her to the bounty hunter.
"Well...it isn't cash." He grumbled as he picked up the cards in front of him. Myst smiled and patted his arm sympathetically. "Marvelous! Maybe your luck will turn this time." She turned back to Jim, although she made no move to pick hers up. "I'm afraid, though, that I still have no idea what I'm doing. But isn't that where the fun is? Myst set her glass down and licked away some of the foam that still clung lightly to her lips. "As for my bet, hm. Information on who not to cross in Landfall would be valuable to a newcomer, yes?"

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Ty's Happy Time: The Terra :D (New stuff!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games