angelbankai45

Friendly Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:07 pm
Akari_32

I do to, it fits him very well, I think. Its cute, and tough, at the same time lol

He's alreasy got himself a bit of a bubble nest going, too heart

bubble nest?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 pm
angelbankai45
Akari_32

I do to, it fits him very well, I think. Its cute, and tough, at the same time lol

bubble nest?

Bubble Nest

User Image

Its used for breeding purpouses. Females lay the eggs, they fall to the bottom, and male pics them up in his mouth and put them in the nest. Then he cares for the eggs untill the hatch and the fry are free swiming.

The one shown above is from my Halfmoon boy, Gambit. It was quite the impressive nest, considering he didnt use any plants to help him lol  

Akari_32

angelbankai45

Friendly Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:25 pm
Akari_32
angelbankai45
Akari_32

bubble nest?

Bubble Nest

User Image

Its used for breeding purpouses. Females lay the eggs, they fall to the bottom, and male pics them up in his mouth and put them in the nest. Then he cares for the eggs untill the hatch and the fry are free swiming.

The one shown above is from my Halfmoon boy, Gambit. It was quite the impressive nest, considering he didnt use any plants to help him lol

Oh okay! Thanks for explaining. I learned something new today!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:03 pm
More pics!

User Image

User Image

His side of the tank

User Image

Link and the Endler's side of the tank

User Image  

Akari_32

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:02 pm
My boy, Ka is quite the bubble nester. Sometimes I forget it is the boy's job and wonder if Bella Noel is unhappy because she doesn't bubble. Then I remeber, duh, because BN is a FEMALE.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:13 pm
Kipluck
My boy, Ka is quite the bubble nester. Sometimes I forget it is the boy's job and wonder if Bella Noel is unhappy because she doesn't bubble. Then I remeber, duh, because BN is a FEMALE.

LOL

I woke up to a destroyed bubble nest this morning D= I guess because it was his first time... It was quite impressive though, so I bet once he gets better at it, he'll build bubble mansions! rofl

Random fun fact: Female Bettas can, have have occationally, build bubble nests. Its not their job to, so they usually dont  

Akari_32

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:53 pm
Akari_32
Kipluck

LOL

I woke up to a destroyed bubble nest this morning D= I guess because it was his first time... It was quite impressive though, so I bet once he gets better at it, he'll build bubble mansions! rofl

Random fun fact: Female Bettas can, have have occationally, build bubble nests. Its not their job to, so they usually dont
I did not know that! Bella Noel has never blown any herself. Maybe she's too girly! hee hee! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:21 am
Kipluck
Akari_32
Kipluck

LOL

I did not know that! Bella Noel has never blown any herself. Maybe she's too girly! hee hee! blaugh

They dont do it often. Its usually breeders that do, when they're all primed up and ready to go.  

Akari_32

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm
He's gorgeous!

That explains why there was a HUGE amount of bubbles floating at the top of the tank not long after I had gotten my betta, Patriot. I for some reason simply thought it was just the bubbler and a lot of bubbles stayed at the top. I didn't know male bettas made bubble nests, and didn't know what they were when I had heard about them. Pretty much the whole entire surface of the water had bubbles on it (and it's a 10 gallon tank). A bunch of them popped during feeding and he kept rebuilding it for a while apparently. lol He was constantly busy, that's for sure. lol He hasn't built any in quite a while from what I can tell.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
He's gorgeous!

That explains why there was a HUGE amount of bubbles floating at the top of the tank not long after I had gotten my betta, Patriot. I for some reason simply thought it was just the bubbler and a lot of bubbles stayed at the top. I didn't know male bettas made bubble nests, and didn't know what they were when I had heard about them. Pretty much the whole entire surface of the water had bubbles on it (and it's a 10 gallon tank). A bunch of them popped during feeding and he kept rebuilding it for a while apparently. lol He was constantly busy, that's for sure. lol He hasn't built any in quite a while from what I can tell.

He bubbled himself out XD  

Akari_32

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:03 pm
Akari_32
CrissAngelLover12345
He's gorgeous!

XD LOL That was a lot of bubbles to be able to cover the entire surface of the water. xd During the feedings, when so many of them had been popped, he must have been like: "AUGH! I worked so hard on that too!" >.< *notices the food* "FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:16 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
Akari_32
CrissAngelLover12345
He's gorgeous!

XD LOL That was a lot of bubbles to be able to cover the entire surface of the water. xd During the feedings, when so many of them had been popped, he must have been like: "AUGH! I worked so hard on that too!" >.< *notices the food* "FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol

Its like on Finding Nemo. "Hey look, something shiny!" "OOH! WHERE!!!?"  

Akari_32

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:03 pm
Akari_32
CrissAngelLover12345
Akari_32
CrissAngelLover12345
He's gorgeous!

Its like on Finding Nemo. "Hey look, something shiny!" "OOH! WHERE!!!?"

LOL! Yep! or like Bubbles: *bubbles come out of the ornament* "BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!" XD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:04 am
CrissAngelLover12345

LOL! Yep! or like Bubbles: *bubbles come out of the ornament* "BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!" XD

rofl  

Akari_32

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas