Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
How You Ever Been "The Gay Friend"?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ca plane pour moi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:46 pm
I'm sure somebody out there has to be in a similar position. Where they are the only gay guy in a group of friends(any gender, really) and since you are the only gay guy there, you become the representation of everything that is associated with gay culture. "The Gay Friend."

Much like how I imagine most my black friends feel like out here in the ol' Midwest. I'm just sayin'.

Anybody else?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:50 pm
YES!
I had this study group in the Spring for math class, and that's how I was classified in the group. "The Lesbian."
-.-
It's kinda awkward  

Destructive-Kiwi

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:00 am
I never had this problem, my group of friends just treat me like one of them they dont ask me certain questions because of my orientation but my mom would XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:00 am
Nah, most of my friends are either gay or bi.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:49 am
It used to be that way, although due to my.. Maturing.
I pretty much get along with everyone.
And I'm labeled as Roliand, not "That Gay Guy"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:56 pm
I've been "The Gay Friend" Hell, I was the only out guy at school.

Plus I'm the only gay guy at work, and in my high school psychology class, I was the only gay guy, and when we went onto gender differences, we actually spent a day with the class asking me things.  

Zydrate Popsicle

Sexy Krampus

ForteAmora

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 am
For the longest time I was "The Bi friend". Nothing really changed except the girls cuddled with me more because they new I liked it. Then the end of Freshman year our token little Sevie (We go to a Junior High High School combination.) Came out to me and then a few others. Then a little after my practical sister Cassie came out to being Bi as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:18 pm
I never had to deal with that sort of thing really. If only briefly and it's only used as a joke (one that not's offensive).  

FauxZombie

AznTubbeh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:23 pm
i havent come out to all my friends yet, but to the ones i have, i am the gay friend xD im the only gay person they know, and so if they are ever curious about sexuality and stuff, they just ask me :L i'm fine with it though, some of the questions they ask me are pretty entertaining.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:49 pm
AznTubbeh
i havent come out to all my friends yet, but to the ones i have, i am the gay friend xD im the only gay person they know, and so if they are ever curious about sexuality and stuff, they just ask me :L i'm fine with it though, some of the questions they ask me are pretty entertaining.

What have been some of the weirdest questions they've asked you? I'm always surprised with what people can come up with. Especially if that person tends to be more sheltered, then it's usually hilarious. xd  

Ca plane pour moi

bollier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:10 pm
Nope. I'm still in the closet, so I really don't have to worry about it quite yet. It is one of my greatest fears that when I do eventually come out to my extended family, I will be known as the gay one, no matter what I accomplish in my life.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:40 pm
I was the gay friend while I was at college (I live in UK, our 'College' is like American 'High School'); my female friends seemed to think I had innate knowledge of fashion and stuff, which I don't xD They also kept hugging ME, but practically avoiding all other males, so that was kind of awkward sometimes. Other than that it wasn't so bad - it was mostly frustrating, as they never really saw me as a person, just as that gay guy 0___0

But I've got plenty of friends now who treat me as a holistic person, rather than just a butt-humping p***s on legs xD  

Crab-n-Pickle

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 pm
Most of my friends are either bi or gal/lesbian, and even when I'm around the straight friends Im just known as the crazy lesbian, but Im never really used for general gay reference, so I dont know...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:15 am
yea im "the gay guy" but i have a group of tight nit friends. theres 5 of us. the two straight guys, the two gay girls, and me. with the guys i broke all their sterotypes of gay people, they would not beleive i was gay because i didnt "act" gay. but over time they just accepted it as a fact of life and i love them so much for never changing on me. but latley theyve been accused by their friends and girlfriends of being gay by assosiation. this situation is getting very tricky.  

Kuroitchi

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff