Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
pleasedonteggbindpleasepleaseplease!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When reptiles are "with child" what do *you* say?
  GRAVID, of course. I'm scientific.
  Eggy. I'm like that.
  Pregnant. Same result, right?
  knocked up. :)
View Results

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:17 pm
CRAP ON A STICK. I don't have the space here at the parent's to build Tortuga a proper pond, so she is stuck in this stupid tank. I hate it and plan to change things as soon as I can afford to move. But for now, it's how things are.

Well, now she is acting all gravid. Climbing like crazy, trying to get out, I just bet she is eggy. I would love to have somewhere comfy for her to deposit her eggs, but I don't I hope she will just give up and plop them in the water like the sometimes do when nowhere good is around. Otherwise she could get EGGBOUND. I am so damn scared of eggbinding. So scared I even swear about it. That kept Clem from eating for almost 3 months.

Now, it isn't like Tortuga has EVER not eaten... she is a little piggy. But still, scares the crap out of me, her acting like this. Any ideas for how to make an easy egg nest in a tiny (40 gallon?) tank?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:21 pm
Really glad i have male turtles.

What about putting her in a container like a storage tub with sand just to see if she digs and lays then after put her back in the tank? Just a thought though.  

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Yeah, I was gonna suggest something like that. Do you have an area like under a table or something that you could get the biggest rubbermaid possible (I can never find bigger than 55g, but Shanna has found bigger) and set that up instead of her tank? How big is she? The only thing I can really think of Is making a stand of some sort, putting a rubber shoe box on top of that, filling it with nesting materials and making a ramp so she can access it. But in a 40g, that might not be feasible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:03 am
Definetly good ideas.. I double the idea of giving her a tote box with sand in it.  

Azusanga

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff