Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 am
Much to my cats dislike, I usually examine my cats to make sure everything's okay. Especially in the mouth.
Well, I have a cat who fights me on it a lot so I don't get to look that much, but I managed to yesterday. There I found one of the strangest injuries I've ever seen...on a cat, because for the life of me I cannot figure out how she got it.

Her tongue is injured near the back. It looks like someone took a pair of scissors and starting cutting. It's split on the side. The only thing I can think of was that she cut it on like, a can somehow, but I don't know how she'd have managed that either.

I never even noticed. It's completely healed now too so I don't know how she could have hidden it so well.

What are some strange injuries your animals have gotten?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:16 am
hmm, she coulda done it doing just about anything. Like trying to chew something open. I suppose cats can bite their tongues same as us.

Haha, strange injuries! I could write a book on Cowboy! Not long after we got him, a mysterious limp popped up. Always aggrevated by exercise but over a thousand dollars later. Still no idea why. It sort of went away. He's dislocated his toe twice playing frisbee, and I believe his whole foot once going down a slide. He was screaming so much I couldn't get a look at it and then he was fine. He was pretty good for a few years although he will hold up his arm if the slightest thing happens, trips over his frisbee for example, he'll yelp, hold up his arm and well rush over and 2mins later he's fine. So I believe he honestly fakes it for the attention. But then this past winter he had a pretty bad back injury, a thousand dollars and 6 months later that's better, so he rips his leg open on a rock... 200 dollars and 5 staples later, he ran into a tree. stare He's got two weeks of physio now. But should be able to do the labor day trial. Oh and lets not forget the midnight trip to the vet cause he was vomiting blood, which the vet assumes was cause he ate something stupid. That was fun.

Rascal, despite being an outdoor cat ninja has done pretty well at staying out of trouble. He stepped on a nail as a youngster, I caught that right away from the limping. One night he was snuggling with me and I noticed a whole in his tail. Appeared to have been a bite wound. That was maybe 8yrs ago. He stayed out of trouble after that. We'd had an issue with a neighborhood cat picking on him but we kept a super soaker at the door and one good soak was the last we saw of that cat. Rascal's done well to stay out of trouble since. I once caught him chilling with a racoon, like, literally, he was on one lawn chair the racoon was on another. Neither of them were gona mess with the other. According to my neighbors the previous owners of this house's cat was actually great friends with a racoon, so maybe it's the same one.

Anyway, last summer, he broke his streak and came home with the skin missing from his ear. NO idea how he got that, it didn't look like a bite or scratch wound, it was like a clean shave. Like he'd slipped by something sharp. He only visits 2 of our neighbors properties. Neither have cats, one has a cat friendly dog. I have seen one cat within Rascal's roaming grounds and he chased that cat off (and pranced back all proud of himself) and haven't seen it since. So ya, Rascal not an issue. 13yrs and only 3 small injuries.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:16 am
Most of my cats have small scratches on their nose while they "wrestle" with each other. Other than that I can't think of any other injuries. - Yet.

My previous cat that now lives with my parents got undercooled after she was thrown into the water by one of my neighbors. She couldn't get back on the shore because it was too high for her.

Thank god she was saved by his daughter. And she had to stay a few nights at the vet. But that is the worst "Injury" I can think of.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games