Oh boy... Kitten.... -another update comes with a surprise-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 pm
Right, so. As of about a half hour or so ago, I became the surrogate mother of yet another little kitten. I don't think we're going to keep this one though. Anyways, he's adorable. Scared and testy, of course. I think he was abandoned by his mother. Anyways, he can walk and his eyes are open, but I don't think he is very old, definitely under the 10-12 week stage when they can be away from their mothers.

Anyways, I've done all this before with my last cat, had to feed her with a medicine dropper and everything, so I've got that down, and he seems to be able to drink milk on his own just fine, I'm gonna try some wet food tomorrow.

But his eyes are goopy. They aren't bad, I am going to try to clean them tomorrow with warm water and cotton gauze. What should I do at home with this eye goopy-ness? If the water doesn't work, then I'll go to the vet, but since we probably won't keep this cat, we can't afford to take it to the vet right now which is why I will either get ahold of someone or go to the humane society. Anyways, eye-goop. Halp.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:24 pm
Well, I called the vet this morning and because it is a stray, she gave me a free tube of that eye cream that is used to treat the infection. Yay. hehe.

Also, I have someone who can take him, which is nice because I am friends with this person, so I will get to see the kitten often. I just need to get this little kitty healthy and trained. :]  

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:41 pm
That's great news! I'm glad you were able to get some medicine for his eyes, and that you have already found him a home. biggrin I would love to see pictures! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 pm
He doesn't have a name yet because my friend doesn't know what to name him. But I might call him Rocky because he's feisty. He's a feral kitten, so he hisses at just about everything. Luckily, his claws and teeth aren't sharp yet so it doesn't hurt when I get swat at. He doesn't swat anymore really, other than at the other dogs and cats.

Funny thing is, even though he hisses sometimes when I pet him, he doesn't like being alone and sleeps the best when he sleeps on my stomach.  

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:02 pm
aww! Cute! whee Rocky is a cute name too! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 pm
User Image

This was right after I got him last night, so his eyes were really icky.

User Image

User Image

User Image

And those were taken today.  

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:20 pm
Awwww! He's so cute!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder what he'll look like when he grows up. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 pm
He is adorable. He is trying really hard to eat dry food, but I don't think he has the concept yet. And he refuses to touch wet food. x.x  

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:22 pm
So, it turns out that my darling bundle of kitty joy has a sister that was living in our garage. I think that was where the mother dropped them off and left them cause the door was open. After two hours of moving 2x4s and doors, I got to her.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:44 pm
awwww-she-is-soooooo-cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

furbyforever

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm
Awwwwwww! She's so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! heart heart heart They both are adorable!!!!!!!!!! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 pm
Boy, and I thought the male was feisty. This little girl is a spit fire. o-o  

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:02 am
Looks absolutely adorable!

Hiro had a lot of eye-goop as well when we got him. They had given him some antibiotics a few days before went to pick him up. A few days later is was gone.

I hope the medicine works for the eyes. :cute;  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Very cute babies. Odd, I find that kittens have sharper teeth and claws than adult cats.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items