I cannot understand that...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:21 am
...people likes Mathematics, any kind of them (including Physics). Geometry, Algebra, Calculus, Add Maths, Set Theory, Digital Logic and etc. etc. I actually like Algebra and Set Theory, they seem much easier to understand. Other type of Maths are, well, horrible, especially Calculus. gonk

I actually like Physics, it is really fun when discovering the theories and formulaes. But I don't think it is useful unless I become a physicist. Well no, I prefer history. wink I cannot just stare at the boiling kettle all day long and mumbling about the theories, right? -facepalm-

Discuss:
Do you like Maths?
Why do you find Maths boring/interesting?
Favourite type of Maths?
What should I do to like Maths?
What is/are Maths to you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:18 am
Somehow I'm good at math, but I don't like. Physics, I stopped taking that as soon as it was no longer a mandatory part of highschool, and I'm going into my 4th year of college now. sweatdrop However, I don't think math and physics are completely useless in everyday life. There's a lot more to them than just theories, do a simple building project and its uses will shine through. I don't regret not taking it as I had more important things to work on towards my future career, namely biology and chemistry, but I do find physics interesting and like to look into some of the theories myself. Math on the other hand, it's required as a part of the program and I'm studying it purely on a need basis. Can't do the biochemistry without the math. xp  

Sophisticated Simplicity

Greedy Cat

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 am
I actually like algebra. Solving for X is fun. Basic graphing is alright, too. But yeah, everything else should cease to exist. emo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:45 am
Shady-chan
But yeah, everything else should cease to exist. emo

eek
I agree with that.

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 am
I like math. Not as much as I enjoy English, or Language Arts, but it is amazing. As stated before, solving for x is fun.
If you don't like math, there really isn't anything to do about it.
I think that math is important throughout life. Obviously everywhere you go you don't always use math, but it is important for jobs and such. (:
Math is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:05 am
For some reason i do like Math.
It isn't one of my favorites but it's kind of fun.
But it irritates me alot when it takes me forever to find the answer to certain problems.
I like algebra alot too ^ . ^.
I like to replace other letters for x and y because they seem so....boring =_=.
Math is A-OK in my book!

leetcream

Shy Regular

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:16 am
I don't love any subject, but I do like doing math. It's super easy for me. Well except Algebra, I almost flunked...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17 am
I remember dreading going to maths class because I knew that I was going to fail and that I would have to ask the support teacher for help constantly. I hated that. I don't want to be seen as a failure but when you can't do something then you must ask for help, regardless.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:13 am
Do you like Maths?
I absolutely loathe Geometry. Other math I just dislike, except for Algebra. I love Algebra. I think it's fun and relaxing.

I hate Geometry because the entire subject is pointless. Proofs? Proving something that people have already proved. And you can't use the knowledge you have unless it's in a specific theorem or postulate. Makes me want to rip my hair out and scream with rage.
I find most other math boring because it's... just not fun? I don't think there's a reason to find something boring.
I think Algebra is fun because it's methodical. You learn a formula and you plug the numbers in. I just find that it's fufilling to respond to a problem with a numerical answer. Also, I love solving or simplifying really long string of numbers. I don't know why.

Favourite type of Maths?
Algebra.

I think it depends on your early experiences, your teachers, the learning environment, and your genes. So there's not much to change unless you convince your counselor to switch you to a class with a better teacher.

Questions that either are important or not.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:46 pm
Do you like Maths? No. Absolutely not. And math doesn't like me either. emotion_donotwant
Why do you find Maths boring/interesting? The numbers/calculations could leave me with a headache or barely awake. I prefer the pretty pictures and the artistic hands-on things. It just doesn't interest me.
Favourite type of Maths? None. All Math wants to do is hit me upside the head. emotion_0A0
What should I do to like Maths? I believe it's either you like it or you dislike it. Whatever was your first opinion from the introduction of it.
What is/are Maths to you? A bunch of problems that have a secret motive and goal to irritate me.  

Legendary Lunar Eclipse

Shy Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I hated math in high school but I loved it in college and I think it was just algebra but they called it math 60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:57 pm
Overall, I don't like math that much, most likely because it wasn't very exciting in school. I like Algebra though, its fun and practical. I don't have any opinion on other math branches like Calculus/Physics because I never took those classes. Any love for math was killed long before those classes were an option for me. sad

I also dislike Geometry, as it was quite a bit different from Algebra. I also hated it because I couldn't see any practical use for it, unless you have a job that uses it like an architect or something. I think that schools make you take Geometry inorder to have students learn logic and reasoning skills. (cause of the whole "proof" thing) If so, why not just teach a logic class? That would have been so much easier than Geometry.  

Meline Moon

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:40 pm

xxxDo you like Maths?
                  • no, not at all. i've never been able to understand it.

• neither- i find it completely infuriating, to be honest. it's (pardon my french) f*cking irritating, and i'd love nothing more than to go back to basic math most of the time.

Favourite type of Maths?
                  • basic math, to be honest- adding, subtracting, multiplication, division. really, i'm not good at any other type of math all that much. however, i can do long division. emotion_awesome

• uh, i dunno. i find it easier when i have notes on how to do this and that, along with a few examples. i got a tutor over the summer, and that helped catch me up.

• hell on paper and a swirling mass of symbols, numbers, letters, and all that which i will forever mix up and confuse useful but positively aggravating, not to mention anxiety-inducing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:26 pm
Do you like Maths?
no, not really. it's my worst subject.

it's not boring and it's not interesting. if only math was more straight forward i think i would enjoy it. i just like equations, i can't handle things like problem solving.

Favourite type of Maths?
formula math. no problem solving please. LOL.

get smarter. LOL.

i feel like barfing when i see all those problem solving questions.

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces