Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I'm going to feel bad leaving her behind.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

I've become quite fond of Pumpkin, the "foster" kitten that my boyfriend's sister "found in the bushes" (riiiight) and is now keeping. I still think of her as someone else's cat, so there isn't the same bond there, but I'm going to feel bad leaving her behind when we move. We're moving in 10 days to an upstairs miniapartment belonging to a family member.

Mostly because, her and Malcolm are best friends. He's always so happy, and so is she. They lay together, she grooms him (he doesn't reciprocate, he's a greedy little jerk who expects all the grooms in the world but won't bother to return the favor lol ), and they play A LOT.

Plus, once we leave, no one will be around to play with her. Her owner is gone for weeks at a time, and when she's home it's literally only for one night so her mom will stop calling her screaming at her to come home. Her mom never plays with the kitten, just pets her and talks to her.

But we have 3 cats, and I'm already concerned about the cost and space when we move. Boyfriend's mother has hinted that she wants us to take the kitten with, and I will admit that it's tempting because of how well she and Malcolm get along with each other. However, we have enough on our plate that I don't think we need the responsibilities of an additional animal. She still needs to see a vet, she still needs to be spayed. And what about when I find a job and we're looking for our own place to rent? 3 cats (+small animals & fish) is going to be hard, 4 will probably be hopeless.

Still, it's a bit sad leaving her behind. Maybe when Baby passes (he's pretty old, around 12 sad ), and boyfriend's sister realizes that kittens grow up and become cats, then gets tired of having an adult cat running around, they can be reunited. But not until we're back down to two cats, unless we both have jobs and our own place already.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:17 pm

It's sad, but in the end you do have to make sure your own animals are well taken care of. You're doing the right thing, plus it's not like you can't visit and check up on her from time to time. -hugs-

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:23 pm
Vanilla eXee

It's sad, but in the end you do have to make sure your own animals are well taken care of. You're doing the right thing, plus it's not like you can't visit and check up on her from time to time. -hugs-
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Mmhmm, exactly. If I could manage 4 cats, I would definitely volunteer to take her in, but right now I have to make sure I can handle the ones I have given the circumstances.

Plus, I don't really want to be taking in a cat I can't care for from the get-go. She's 4 months old, so she'll need to be spayed (I don't know if that's ASAP at this point or if it's a couple of months away). Though I know someone who would lend us the money, I'm saving that lifeline in case one of my cats has an emergency before I can find a job.

Thank you. smile

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff