Submit

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:42 pm
higirls! it has come to my attention that other members have been posting about phishing alerts, well i recieved one about an hour ago and reported it without a second thought... it is from a user that i cannot name (who joined on 8/27/11, AKA, 4 days ago) and looks like this:

user
User Image

©Copyright serving Gaia since 2003 "Report Scanner". 2011 Gaia Interactive Device, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Attention User,
We are sorry to inform you that your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaian Administrator, we dont normally ask for this information but to clear your report we must. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you were offline when you received this message, you have been given 15 minutes to reply to this message as of the time you logged in or this report will not be able to pass the maintainence.
IF YOU IGNORE THIS MESSAGE YOU WILL BE BANNED

REMEMBER TYPE YOUR INFORMATION WITH A SPACE BETWEEN EACH LETTER

Example

User Name: g a i a 1 2 3

Password: g a i a 1 2 3

Verify Password: g a i a 1 2 3

Email: g a i a 1 2 3 @ g a i a . c o m

User Name:

Password:

Verify Password:

Email:

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please DO NOT submit this form multiple times, abuse this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information. Thank you for your cooperation. Sorry for this disturbance. Your email password will be set to Gaia123 and instantly change it again when you log back in.

Sincerely,

-Gaia Administrator, Help & Support Team

I replied with this:

kaela2015
there are so many things wrong with this...

first, there is not an orange subtitle under your name that states ADMIN
second even if there was, ADMIN dont look like NEWBS because they have been playing gaia for such a long time that they gained their un-noobiness
third: dont say you were hacked, because real ADMIN know what a good password is, and FYI, its not GAIA123.
fourth, even if your phishing mule did pass for ADMIN, no ADMIN will ever ask for a password. its not "like most others", no NO ADMIN WILL EVER!!!
sixth: IF I WAS REPORTED, YOU WOULDNT NEED TO GET INTO MY ACCOUNT, WOULD YOU???
seventh: did you really expect to be able to hack me or other long-time players?
eigth: only pathetic newbs send these out to try to scare their way to the top.
ninth: that last paragraph MAKES NO SENSE
tenth: i looked you up. you joined 3 days ago... PROVING YOU ARE A NOOB!!!

Yea, exactlu, so BACK THE FRICK OFF AND GROW SOME ANTLERS!!!!!!

SO GIRLS, PLEASE DONT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!

have a nice, safe day!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:54 pm
... You do realize namedropping isn't allowed, right? And that this is the oldest trick in the book and everyone's aware? neutral

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:42 am
Shady-chan
... You do realize namedropping isn't allowed, right? And that this is the oldest trick in the book and everyone's aware? neutral

I realize this is the oldest trick in the book, but wouldnt it be nice to know that there is a phisher on the loose? (because some people WILL give out their information)

and i do realize that name dropping isnt allowed, however this is a brand new acount created just for Phishing and i am sure that saying his name wont cause many problems.

thank you for your concerns.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 am
No need to reply, sugar. Just report it.
Glad that you did not fall into the trap.

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 pm
kaela2015
I realize this is the oldest trick in the book, but wouldnt it be nice to know that there is a phisher on the loose? (because some people WILL give out their information)

and i do realize that name dropping isnt allowed, however this is a brand new acount created just for Phishing and i am sure that saying his name wont cause many problems.

There's always phishers. Nothing new.
And how do you know that this account wasn't a newb who fell for the stupid trick and has no control over his account? That's why there's no namedropping allowed. You don't know. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:13 pm
anyone dumb enough to fall for that deserves to be hacked.  

Mord Alushar

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:15 am
Shady-chan
kaela2015

There's always phishers. Nothing new.
And how do you know that this account wasn't a newb who fell for the stupid trick and has no control over his account? That's why there's no namedropping allowed. You don't know. neutral

maybe the person who did it wasnt new to gaia, but the account he used was. if you look up the name the date he signed up shows as 8/27/11  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:33 am
[~+~]

I have editted out the name.
Do not namedrop, as it is against the Gaia ToS, or a rule of some sort, and we don't want you getting banned. :3

Glad to see you didn't fall for it though.

Unfortunately, things like this have been going around for years.

User Image

Empty Spiral

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:36 am
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

I have editted out the name.
Do not namedrop, as it is against the Gaia ToS, or a rule of any sort, and we don't want you getting banned. :3

Glad to see you didn't fall for it though.

Unfortunately, things like this have been going around for years.

User Image

unfortunatly. things like this will never go away, i just hope that nobody else falls for it.  
23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games