Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Only 3 weeks!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animelover955

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 pm
Well just got the e-mail today from the facility and for some reason I thought classes started in October, but it actually starts sept 26th!

I also made a really big decision today. Basically soccer is my life! been playing since I was 5, but I've had 2 ACL tears exactly a year and 2 months apart. One more time and I'm done. The season just started and I'm due to be released in Oct, just in time for the end of the season, but do I want to risk it? I love the sport, but I decided it might be best to just miss the season all together and have a bit come back next year which will also be my last as it's senior year! So instead looks like I'll be focusing on agility with Abby and I'll still go to games and practices(I'll do drills with them), but I won't be playing.

It also would've been a conflict because practice is the same night as agility and shizz and would either have to miss a practice or class and stuff...

But anyways I'm waiting to hear back again and all that's left is filling out the registration papers and sending in my payment. I'm also dealing with a flea problem. Bought the wrong flea meds(advantage instead of advantix) and it's not working at all. So I'm trying to get rid of them and hopefully they'll be gone soon because this weekend is the big "clean up". I'm treating the house and yard, dogs are getting baths and also getting capstar, then having the advantage applied to hopefully kill and repel the buggies.

I also start school next week(yay for online!)

should be a fun 3 weeks.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:13 pm
That's cool, and ya, sounds like a good plan. But I know how you feel, thad be like me sitting out on a ski season *shudders* And I have missed almost all of this year's frisbee season.

Um, the only difference between advanTAGE and advanTIX is that advantix gets ticks. It shouldn't be any less effective against fleas. But I can't remember if those are pills or topical but, that should not come in contact with kids. That is one very strong pesticide and if you put it on the skin and the day care kids pet the dog it can be harmful.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Animelover955

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 pm
Quote:
Um, the only difference between advanTAGE and advanTIX is that advantix gets ticks.

I know... But for some reason the advantage 2 we got isn't working at all. We've applied it 3 times and fleas haven't stopped if anything it's gotten worse. Probably just a bad batch but even when we bought it the guy(got it from a petstore when we usually get it from the vet) said they've gotten bad reviews about the effectiveness of the advantage 2, but for some reason we screwed up and got it when we usually get advantix

Quote:
That is one very strong pesticide and if you put it on the skin and the day care kids pet the dog it can be harmful.

They get the dosage on the weekends usually saturday and are pretty much on crate rest until it dries and by monday they get re-bathed and then sprayed down with this lemony thingy(basically lemons boiled in water and strained etc into a bottle) to avoid the whole pesticide and kid thing

And the stuff we use to treat the house and yard is this all natural based thingy that we've used and had success with before. The only bad thing I can say about it is that it's strong as hell  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 pm
Someday when I 1. get a dog and 2. get healthy I would LOVE getting into agilty. Even just as a major amateur. mrgreen  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Ailinea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:59 am
I personally prefer Comfortis to treat fleas on my dog, haven't had a flea problem yet with it, and it's so much easier to use (it's a pill!)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:17 am
Quote:
I personally prefer Comfortis to treat fleas on my dog, haven't had a flea problem yet with it, and it's so much easier to use (it's a pill!)

To be honest we really don't treat them monthly with flea meds usually only when they actually get the fleas because really we've only had 2 major infestations one was the year before last and then again a few months ago. And capstar's a pill as well just not a long lasting one. It kills the fleas instantly and only the mature ones. and they recommend using it with program(another pill) which breaks the life cycle and kills larvae, but doesn't kill adults....

Quote:
Someday when I 1. get a dog and 2. get healthy I would LOVE getting into agilty. Even just as a major amateur

It's a lot of fun and once you get a dog you should give it a try! We've been doing backyard agility for a year or so now and it's pretty enjoyable, but I would like to eventually compete with Abby if she enjoys it. Plus with classes I can meet new people who will most likely be adults as I think I'm the only junior and free rides to agility trials! since I still haven't gotten my license lol  

Animelover955

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff