Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 am
i was in florida when the hurricane was sitting on top of my house, all day long too. the people across the street had a tree land on their house, we just had to throw away everything in the fridge because the power went out. my sister and friend were taking care of the animals. my yard is still full of sticks and stowrm keeps thinking she is helping when she jumps in the stick piles lol

well the dog and cats were staying with my sister and dad and they did a terrible job with stowrm. they never went outside with her then complained that she pooped in the house. they never took her on walks and complained about her energy level and that she kept jumping on everything. hubby and i dont have those issues with her at all

well anyways im back and happy to be home

also stowrm finally is chasing the frisbie!!!! now i need to teach her how to catch it in mid air and do that neat trick gabby and cowboy do when he is on her back. gabby, please teach me how to do that with stowrm!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:39 am
If they don't take her out to walk, they shouldn't complain about her being hyper. rolleyes

Good to see you're back alive and well. 4laugh  

pompoennetje

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:33 pm
Dianda Panda
If they don't take her out to walk, they shouldn't complain about her being hyper. rolleyes

Good to see you're back alive and well. 4laugh

i know! they took her on one hour long walk all week. i need to take her on an hour long walk at least once a day or run her around the yard for a good long while  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:31 am
OMG yyaayy, chasing the frisbee! You can start floating it right in front of her. Praise any attempts at catching it. But keep a good success rate. That is, if she tries to catch it and fails, praise her by rolling it and let her catch it that way, so she doesn't get frustrated by repeatedly failing at the new task.

The standing on the back trick is actually quite simple, but try not to get too ahead of yourself (i know it's crazy hard not too) start off with at least sit, stay, come and down. Get those ones 99% reliable first. For the back trick, you absolutely need a clicker. I mean, it's possible without, or using say a lid can, but, timing is very crucial with this trick. It took me a while to get it started with Cowboy. Finally I found this was the best way for him. I used a hallway, and knelt down real low to the ground, but made sure there was no room for him to go around me. Then I'd have a treat waiting on the other side. Naturally he tried to jump over, so starting off with him real close helps prevent that, but if she still does you could try to raise yourself a bit. Keep your back flat as possible, and wear something with really good traction. Neoprene is best. The SECOND one paw touches your back. Click and reward. Eventually your stay command will really come in handy, and you will start to ask her to stay there for one whole second. It will probably be easier to get your hubby to help out. He can guide her while you crouch down.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:34 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
OMG yyaayy, chasing the frisbee! You can start floating it right in front of her. Praise any attempts at catching it. But keep a good success rate. That is, if she tries to catch it and fails, praise her by rolling it and let her catch it that way, so she doesn't get frustrated by repeatedly failing at the new task.

The standing on the back trick is actually quite simple, but try not to get too ahead of yourself (i know it's crazy hard not too) start off with at least sit, stay, come and down. Get those ones 99% reliable first. For the back trick, you absolutely need a clicker. I mean, it's possible without, or using say a lid can, but, timing is very crucial with this trick.

she already has sit, lay down, shake, and come here down pretty good already. working on stay right now. and we already are doing the clicker training

and it IS hard to to get ahead of myself here. ive never had a dog that was the right size to have jump in my arms or on my back lol  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games