Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:56 pm

My Keyhole Cichlid is sick. He was fine yesterday while I was doing a water change, didn't eat yesterday morning but I didn't really think anything of it since my Endlers have been popping babies out left and right. Then today, he's bloated, gasping for air, and again he won't eat. I did another water change just in case, and added some salt to help his gills out. I think the problem might be that I haven't had lettuce for a while, so he's only been eating worms, pellets, and baby fish. Not enough fiber, so he may just be constipated. We got green leaf lettuce yesterday so I put two pieces in there. Hopefully he'll eat it. I also turned the light off so he's not unnecessarily stressed. I'm really worried though, aside from my pleco he's my favorite fish. I don't know how old he is, but he was full grown when my friend gave him to me. Everyone wish us luck, I'm trying everything I can.

In light of this, I've decided that I'm getting a decent microscope when I can afford it. I know how to take scrapings off of a fish without harming them too much, and I know what a few things look like. Since you can't really get vet care for fish, it would help to be able to do my own examination on him. Hopefully some day I'll be able to take some biology courses and this won't be a problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 pm
I think the best bet is to fast them all for a day or so, then give the lettuce. Good luck, hope he feels better!  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm
Akari_32
I think the best bet is to fast them all for a day or so, then give the lettuce. Good luck, hope he feels better!

Thanks. I fed them this morning but I'll leave off for the rest of the day.

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games