Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Guild Chat - I bought that s**t.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I don't even know.
  Really.
View Results

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:39 pm
Apparently, Gaia finally gave guilds something to spend the gold in guild treasury on other than an obscene amount of subforums.

I now have the ability to purchase a guild chat, or so Gaia is telling me.

This is what it tells me.

Apparently, we get to choooose between a nice field, a beach, or a stormy desert. They all have nice, fluffy clouds. I'm partial to the field myself because I feel like unicorns and rainbows could pop up any second there (and should).

I have no idea how the chat would work, what it would look like, or how you would find it other than apparently a button will be added somewhere in the guild. It could be a shitty chat system, for all I know.

I'm in the process of trying to find a guild that already has one that I can look at.

But assuming it doesn't suck horribly, is this something people here would like? We definitely have enough gold tied up in the guild treasury portion to buy one.

Bought.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:46 pm

I saw that Dev alert and thought it a nifty guild feature.
While I'm not that active around here, you have my vote for guild chat. :3

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:01 am
Wow, finally something to do with that gold!
I like the field (: I think it is more Suites than the others.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:06 am
Finally they start adding new features!
Worth getting  

scrub
Crew

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:07 pm
I agree with Lici on the field! I like to imagine The Suites as one big picnicky hangout area :B  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:09 pm
You have my vote for it! There's just something about seeing people post stuff in real time, it's awesome biggrin  

AquilaLiberum

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:24 pm
considering there's nothing else to really do with that gold, unless you want to make all kinds of new subforums, i say splurge!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:13 pm
So, I bought us a chat room. It's more like a little hill scene that you can walk around. So, it's more a "world" where you chat.

And the button that SHOULD be at the top isn't in normal view. You can click on "Guild Members" and it takes you a page that is styled differently, and the "Join Chat" button is on that style, but not on the main forum normally.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:20 pm
Well that's rather odd that they made it more like a single plot on towns with nothing in the way but get to choose the background... but hey it's better to use the guild's money on something new then just let it sitting there with nothing to do.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games