Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
What should I go to College for?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:45 pm
I'm definitely going to Art Institutes in Nashville, Tennessee if I end up being able to afford the out of state tuition.

But my question is:

What should I go for?

I have like... three options that I want to do. So at least I didn't make it hard on ya~!

I love drawing anime and making up my own story lines and characters....so I was thinking Sequential Art.

But then again.. I love, love, love video games. I mean, I can use my story lines and characters in the games. Right? Video game design would be awesome!!!

And then... there's interior design. I come up with ideas for my room all the time. My mom is getting frustrated because we're almost done with my room now (it's like... a lot of cool colors... xD) and then I was like bringing up new ideas. I'm always doing it. And I get really inspired by HGTV...

So yeah, I'm not sure what to do >.<
Input?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:51 pm
[~+~]

I apologise as my advice may not be at all helpful as i don't know how the education system works where you are, but, is there any way you could get a class timetable sort of thing for each course?
So you could see all the modules you do in each course - it would give you a better idea of what you would be doing, thus allowing you to see if you would actually enjoy it all~

User Image

Empty Spiral

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:56 pm
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

I apologise as my advice may not be at all helpful as i don't know how the education system works where you are, but, is there any way you could get a class timetable sort of thing for each course?
So you could see all the modules you do in each course - it would give you a better idea of what you would be doing, thus allowing you to see if you would actually enjoy it all~

User Image

Well, my cousin was actually invited there for her movie-making skills, so she went on the campus tour and she said I'd really like it. the apartments are co-ed and all, but she said that other than your academic courses, you really just get one major. Unless they change it by the time I'm in college, I can only take one..  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 pm
x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

I've been thinking of going there for either interior design or culinary arts. o=
They seem like a pretty good place to go to, I have talked to them a few times on the phone and everything. Though, out of state tuition is my problem as well. =(

Which one interests you more? Which do you have more drive toward? Which calls you more as a career? Weigh the positives and negatives of each, maybe even write down everything in lists so that you can compare them all. Maybe there is a major that incorporates all of the things you like about those three areas together into one? I would suggest talking with them, telling them what you like about each thing, and seeing what suggestions they give you. Maybe even talk to others who are majoring in those subjects. Only you can make the decision, but with a little help from people involved in the system and even involved in the areas that you are interested in, you may get enough information to help you make your decision. =)  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:46 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

I've been thinking of going there for either interior design or culinary arts. o=
They seem like a pretty good place to go to, I have talked to them a few times on the phone and everything. Though, out of state tuition is my problem as well. =(

Which one interests you more? Which do you have more drive toward? Which calls you more as a career? Weigh the positives and negatives of each, maybe even write down everything in lists so that you can compare them all. Maybe there is a major that incorporates all of the things you like about those three areas together into one? I would suggest talking with them, telling them what you like about each thing, and seeing what suggestions they give you. Maybe even talk to others who are majoring in those subjects. Only you can make the decision, but with a little help from people involved in the system and even involved in the areas that you are interested in, you may get enough information to help you make your decision. =)

Video games have always interested me. How the graphics have evolved over time... how one button can control so much... and just everything about them o.o

Interior design also calls to me. Like I can show off my mind in a room xD
I mean, if I get that job, I'll be helping people in a way >.<  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:35 pm
I say go for what you're best at. Video game design involves a lot of computer programming so if your strength lies more in visual art, you may want to steer away from that but that doesn't mean you can't get a job in video games. All videos games need concept art to help the programmers with the 3D rendering and not just videos games but movies and television too need great artists to help plan out scenes and locations.

If you go to specialize in graphic art, then who knows, you may end up designing future Final Fantasy monsters or Assassin's Lairs. Plus, if you're working in a video game/movie/tv show company, who's to say you can't pitch ideas to them?  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items