All moved in. And then there were two.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:12 pm
My boyfriend and I are moved into the new place, still sorting things out and putting them in their spots.

I'm sooo much happier here. I have actual control over things like what products go on my pets and what they can eat. I found out she was feeding my fish-- without even asking or telling me-- so he was getting double the food for who knows how long. My rats had been in my room since about April, but before that they were getting who knows how much of who knows what; all I know is that they didn't eat whenever I filled their food bowl, which was incredibly strange for them.

The rats have barely reacted to changing house. All's cool with them. The cats, on the other hand, have pretty much been under the bed a majority of the time. They come out when I'm the only one around, or when my boyfriend comes home from work and we shut the bedroom door for the night. Felix has been adventurous, Malcolm has only ventured outside the room twice.

Speaking of which, we've downsized from four cats to two. One cat, Pumpkin/Maggie/Squiddles, was my boyfriend's sister's cat, so obviously we didn't take her. The other cat, Baby, I was very worried about. He's been increasingly grumpy and intolerant of other cats, the older he gets. He must be around 12 years old now. But since there was a lot of space, Baby had places to go. Not so much in this place; it's quite small. I felt really bad.

Fortunately, his mom offered to keep Baby, without us even asking. I think she figured that since she's going to have the kitten there anyways (she gets along with Baby; she's very sweet and gives him his space), she might as well keep Baby. She knew that he was unhappy, and it would be even worse in this tiny attic apartment. Also, he used to be her cat, maybe 6 years ago or so.

It's really weird having just two cats again. It seems very quiet. Also, I miss Baby, but I already never saw him. He mostly kept to my boyfriend's mother's room, and I never went in there because she gets paranoid about people taking her things. I know he's happier there, so I'm happy for him. I had a feeling he was more suited in a single-cat home, and while there is still the kitten, she leaves him alone.

Things are looking up. smile I hope I have an easier time finding a job here than I did living out in the sticks. Then I can spoil my pets to kingdom come (and we can move into our own place-- for real!). Tons more stuff for the ratties, lovely plants and deco for the aquarium, and a huge cat tree with lots of places that Malcolm can use as his personal fortress. I can't wait. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:35 pm
I'm sure the cats will come around. Rascal was totally out of sorts for a good month. After about 3 months of living here he started to venture out and come with us on walks. Now he absolutely adores it, and realizes how much bigger the house is and how much better the neighborhood is for him. My last house was the only home either of us had known all our lives, which for him, at the time, was about 10yrs.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:31 pm
Yeah, when we moved out of his mom's and into the mobile home, Malcolm shied around until everything died down. Once everything was put away and it was just my boyfriend and I, he came out and got used to the place pretty quickly. When we moved back into his mom's because the owners lost the home, he adjusted very quickly.

Felix has been pretty good so far, but that's because every place we've moved so far has been somewhere he's lived before. It's kind of funny, actually; I'm kind of touring all of my boyfriend's old homes. xd

I got a beautiful picture of Felix. I freaking love this phone. Finally, beautiful pictures of my beautiful pets like they deserve to be pictured. <33

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Also Pictured: Dumb cheap flea collar that doesn't work, but boyfriend's mother insisted on putting on. Promptly took it off after I noticed it in this picture. Just unpacked the good flea medicine anyways.)

He loooovees his fresh air, and now that we're on the 2nd floor, we can let him lounge on the deck when we're out there. Not so sure about Malcolm. He's a fast cat, whereas Felix is a slow runner, hahaha.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:11 pm
aww, he's such a cutie pie  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out