Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 am
my sister's knee popped out again last night so after getting home from the hospital i stayed with her last night and all morning. my poor sister, this is the second time its happened so she is probably going to get surgury to make sure it doesnt happen again. weak knees run in my family, i really hope im not next. i got to watch them fix it and it was so weird to see her knee cap on the side of her leg. it killed me to hear her screem as they put her on the stretcher. thank god we all live down the road from the hospital

well i got home arounf noon and my dog came up to greet me! hubby and i always put her in her cage when we arent home and he was at work so i looked around and she managed to unhinge her cage enough to sqeeze through a tiny opening. we have a pretty heavy duty cage too

no accidents and no damage to the house thank god. and she was very happy to see me

just wanted to tell you guys  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:22 pm
sorry about your sister, that totally sucks. That's awesome about Storm. Although I wouldn't fold up the crate yet lol.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:36 pm
Dexter can open his crate as well, so I quit putting him in it. I was anxious the first few weeks about leaving him out, but I do know that he can hold his bladder for 13 hours... Probably not the best thing on a daily basis, but I only work 3 nights a week.

Sorry to hear about your sister.

Off topic -
Working in the hospital, I have seen some F-ed up things, a few dislocated knees, elbows, shoulders, but the worst was a dislocated jaw. I have TMJ on the left side of my jaw, so seeing what could potentially happen has made me kick myself into gear on getting it fixed. I'm really not looking forward to having my mouth wired shut, but the up side is that I will lose at least 50 lbs. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:20 pm
To keep my moms lab in her cage, we used leashes to clip the side, top and bottom of the door closed (two on the side, one on the top and bottom, in the middle). Then we just gave up because she would sit there and bark and bark and bark and bark. She would only tear up the trash, go on the furniture, and eat stuff. No big deal, right? gonk

The best had to be when we had four dogs (75+ pounds each), and all four of them got into 5 pounds of gourmet coffee. At least their poop didnt smell so bad. And let me tell you, it was EVERYWHERE. Such a fun clean up.... -_-  

Akari_32

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:16 am
Whiskey On A Sunday
Dexter can open his crate as well, so I quit putting him in it. I was anxious the first few weeks about leaving him out, but I do know that he can hold his bladder for 13 hours... Probably not the best thing on a daily basis, but I only work 3 nights a week.

Sorry to hear about your sister.

Off topic -
Working in the hospital, I have seen some F-ed up things, a few dislocated knees, elbows, shoulders, but the worst was a dislocated jaw. I have TMJ on the left side of my jaw, so seeing what could potentially happen has made me kick myself into gear on getting it fixed. I'm really not looking forward to having my mouth wired shut, but the up side is that I will lose at least 50 lbs. lol

my mother worked at the hospital, she was a rad tech. she always had some gross stories. people get things stuck in them without realizing it all the time that show up on xrays.

we put some locks on the sides of the cage in hop[es that it will hold her. we still dont trust her around the house alone yet since she sometimes tries to climb in the cat's window and it messes up our curtains when she does that  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games