Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OFFICE] Malcolm's Office

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 am
As you enter...

Unlike his classroom, Malcolm's office is actually rather normal, with potted plants dotting the room and some photographs of Malcolm with various minipets lining the pale green walls... Although the one photograph on his desk was of him and Vlad.

The office was relatively well lit, with moonlight filtering through the blinds behind the professor's desk. Two seats are in front of the desk, presumably for students. There was also an armchair in a corner of the room, with a small bookshelf filled with books and magazines on Minipet care.

It was all in all a rather welcoming room, with the only out of place thing being the locked door on a wall near his desk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:25 am
Rules/Notes

1] This is not an ORP; do not treat it as one!
2] If you need to speak to Malcolm, you may ICly leave a note in his office.
3] Please PM me if you want to do discuss plots regarding Malcolm!
4] Follow the shop's general RP rules!

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:26 am
Reserved

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:28 am
Reserved

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:38 am
Homework for Peer Mentoring

-> Due: 7 October (tentative)
-> Length: Under 600 words
-> Contents of Essay: Anything learnt from peer mentoring + Feelings on peer mentoring
-> In OOC, please post: Grown 'Creepin Shrubbery - Class' + Link to completed mentoring RP(s)
-> Questions? PM me!

By doing everything stated above, you had completed the homework assigned! Grats! <3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:17 am

Essay
Peer Mentoring

I have to admit, when I received the note from Professor Malcom to become a Peer Mentor, I was quite excited. This is, at the very least, one of the classes that I feel the strongest in, and to be asked to help someone else felt like an honor, almost. I felt it rather gave me a much needed boost in confidence, which, admittedly, seems to have been falling lately.

That being said, I was asked to tutor Roch. He's a good guy, very hardworking and intelligent, but he seemed not to be able to focus on the right things when attempting to draw out his FEAR. However, he was very determined to get it right - I was very impressed with his sheer persistence.

The first few tries were a little rocky, but after we figured out what the deal was, he was able to get it.

I find I rather enjoyed this peer mentoring experience. It was certainly different, being on the other end of things - being the "teacher," in a very roundabout and generalized way. And sometimes I felt as if I weren't explaining things well or getting the point I wanted across clearly.

But I think, overall, it wasn't just Roch that learned from this experience. It was a good thing to watch how he worked through his difficulties and focused on his FEAR; it let me see how others think, in a way, and it gave me a little bit of insight as to how I can better use my FEAR.

All in all, I found it to be a learning experience for the both of us, and was very content with it. If permitted, I would very much like to do it again.

- Ren

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 am

Essay
Peer Mentoring
I was mentored by Ren, the gryphon guy? He sings, has a lot of freckles. Um, well, it kind of sucked at first, I kept failing at bringing up my FEAR. I think it was for a couple of reasons. I mean, we were in my room at first, and while I’d be fine with scaring a bush, I don’t really wanna scare my own pets.

So finally I said, hey, let’s go somewhere else. So we did. And it still didn’t work. But when he made me think of how badass a reaper can be--not me, some other guy I know--then I managed to pull it off. So he helped out a lot, I think.

But I also think I can’t rely on others to really fix my problems. So I’m gonna keep practicing on my own. I mean, there aren’t any shortcuts to doing something right, right? You gotta actually care about what you’re doing, then practice a lot. I mean a mentor might help, by they can’t do it for you. Same is true about anything, actually.

So yeah, that’s how I feel.

Roch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:47 am

Essay

Let me start by saying one thing: it isn’t Israfel’s fault. Israfel tried really hard to help me out, but ultimately... I’m just not cut out for this. As soon as I arrived at the meeting place, the minipet struggled and nearly got away. I tried to intimidated it.

Maybe I just don’t understand how to use Fear to intimidate. Or maybe it’s because I’m not suited for land; let’s face it. I’m a zombie that can glow. Glowing doesn’t exactly work when there’s no darkness to glow in. Maybe that’s why I can’t do the exercise, why I’m such a laughable failure.

Whatever happened, the minipet ran off. I don’t know how it came back to you, but... all in all? I can’t do this. I’m not cut out for it. Maybe it’s the additions I’m wearing. Maybe it’s the moon, or something.

But deep down? I know it’s my fault.

The minipet ran off again -- I don’t know where it went. I think it’ll be happier out in the wilderness than with me. If it returns to you... I’m sorry.

I’m really, really sorry.

Thank you for giving me a chance, Professor Malcolm. And thank you again for the bird -- I’m sorry I didn’t thank you directly. Just remembering what I went through when I faced the bush in the exam... I’m too ashamed of it. I was so close, and yet... and yet...

Now that I’m a knob, I’m going to take some time off. I’m going to try and find out who I am and whether or not I should even be here at Amityville, y’know? Maybe I’ll find myself out there, maybe not. I just... I just hope I’ll have more luck out there than I have here.

Aw man, just look at all this! I’m sorry you have to put up with my miserable writing here, Professor. Thank you again for everything. I’ll try harder next time.

- Merope

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bea/Barth

Quote:
not bad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Barth & Bea

Quote:
After the tutoring session, I have a better idea of what Fear is and how to use it, thanks to Barth. Though, I could have performed better... I should be satisfied with my results at the end of the session. It was a good learning experience. Thank you for the class.

Beatrix Monroe

Scyerline

Shameless Gawker

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 pm
Homework submissions for Minipet Training 2.1 open from this point onwards!

Closes: 12 March 2012

I will make another post to "cut off" all homework entries. Beyond that "cut off", you will not get your additional +1 homework point!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 pm
Kill it Dead
Sura + King, Bug v Dormin rematch!

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:28 pm
Kill it Dead
Sura + King, Bug v Dormin
Spoiler: Bug Dies an 'honorable' death

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:28 am
Note: Hi, thanks to the awesome Prox, Malcolm now has a pin art. Please save this to your own server. <3 Thank you!

iStoleYurVamps
Israfel

Dark Fire Angel
Gabrian

Kyrieko
LW

Zyphiris
Student Name: Edelweiss

[ X_Bleeding Roses_X ]
Student Name: Mandy

Prolixity
Student Name: Obsidian