Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
When is it too early to have sex in a relationship?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boy Meets World
  KICKASS SHOW
  What...? ((if you don't know what this show is, probly too young for this thread >.>)
  awful
View Results

Destructive-Kiwi

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:40 pm
Just wondering...like in depth, not just "when you feel it is right."
Cause isn't that just giving into passion?
Ever feel like there is not more to work up to after sex?

Justin wondering  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:34 pm
I believe in nothing,

Whenever you both want each other in that way, is the right time.
And it's not giving into passion, it's giving into each other; which can be a good thing.
And there is plenty more to work up to after sex, lol.
Experiment with things, always try something new, don't be afraid.
Love is love. No one can give you the "right," answer here hun.
Try teaching a beast peace and loving.

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:19 pm
Honestly when the time is right you'll just know. This may sound a little corny but there's that moment when the two of you are alone and you both look into each others eyes and you'll just see it. That moment could be two weeks, two moths. It all depends on the people in the relationship.

If it feels forced then its not the right time, and if you have to question if its the right time then its really not the right time. Just let it come to the two of you.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:25 am
Pretty much as above. If you both feel ready for it and are prepared to deal with it then that's the right time. Some consider it as 'giving in to passion' but what's wrong with being passionate about one's sex life? It's healthy and helps relieve stress, and being sexually active is a bonding experience as a couple explores and experiments with the desires of each other. It's not something to consider a taboo.

That said, nobody can say how long is the right time. That will depend on the person and their partner and nothing else.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

finfageek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:20 pm
I suppose it's whenever you feel enough for the person that you would want to do something like that with them. Everyone's different about it, of course. It just depends on who you're dating and what they think.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:26 am
In my opinion there are a few decision making steps that should be taken before you get caught in the heat of the moment, and if you are in said heated moment, you should wait to go on until you make up your mind on a few things.

First off, are you personally ready to have sex? You have to have yourself figured out before you throw anyone else's feelings into the mix. If the answer's no, then you can stop there.

Secondly, do you feel that it's time to take you're relationship to the next level. This is the one that everyone says, "when the time is right, you'll know it," and it's true. This is something that you're just going to have to play by ear.

Then you have to thing about all the stuff you learned in sex-ed. Preventative measures for diseases, babies, and whatnot.

Lastly you need to find out if your partner is ready. This one's actually pretty easy. Generally if things are getting hot and they aren't making any objections, it's an "O.K.". smile

I hope this helps!  

xFullMoonForest42

nerdtasticallyfun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:13 pm
CheizLord
Honestly when the time is right you'll just know. This may sound a little corny but there's that moment when the two of you are alone and you both look into each others eyes and you'll just see it. That moment could be two weeks, two moths. It all depends on the people in the relationship.

If it feels forced then its not the right time, and if you have to question if its the right time then its really not the right time. Just let it come to the two of you.
Agreed 100%  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:03 pm
Generally I let my partner decide when the right time is to have sex, otherwise I have no problem with waiting.  

FauxZombie

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 am
FauxZombie
Generally I let my partner decide when the right time is to have sex, otherwise I have no problem with waiting.

How do you decide that? wait for them to bring it up or start?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:26 am
DeathxGrip
FauxZombie

I wait and let them make the moves so I know that they're comfortable to go further  

FauxZombie

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:02 am
FauxZombie
DeathxGrip
FauxZombie

I wait and let them make the moves so I know that they're comfortable to go further

Oh okay, I was going to say that... sometimes you have to start it... it makes the
other person feel better, I know my bf is like that, 50/50 in a relationship.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 am
DeathxGrip
FauxZombie
DeathxGrip
FauxZombie

Oh okay, I was going to say that... sometimes you have to start it... it makes the
other person feel better, I know my bf is like that, 50/50 in a relationship.
Mhmm, but I rather the other person leads in a sense xD  

FauxZombie

vann-haal13

Fashionable Explorer

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:31 am
Honestly, it depends on the relationship as well as the parties involved. I dated somebody for months and all we did was hold hands and kiss before breaking up. Another time, I had known this guy for well over three years and we'd been together for a long time but he was never ready. We were in high school and didn't want the commitment of what if the condom broke plus he just wasn't there yet. And that's ok.

In my most recent relationship, we had sex on the first date just straight up. We met on OkCupid and had been talking for about a month over the Christmas break before we were both in-state to meet up for coffee. We talked for hours and hours. We got lunch at about 1 and we ended up back at my place close to five and we wouldn't. Shut. Up.

When it happened, we were ready. It felt like we had known each other for a very long time and we had a deep emotional connection. And yeah, there was plenty of relationship buildup after sex. Don't let anybody tell you there's not because they shouldn't be giving advice.

After sex, we still kept getting to know each other both physically and emotionally. It'll be one year in January and he knows me better than anybody else. Recently, I admitted some things to him even my parents didn't know about. This didn't happen before the magical ~~sex~~ but afterwards. So there is TOTALLY more to explore after sex.

Just as long as you're comfortable and they're comfortable. Sometimes, I'm just not in the mood and my boyfriend respects that so we cuddle instead. Or he'll get in from work and be too exhausted so I let him sleep while I game or something. There's so much more to relationships than sex however it is a really great thing too!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:58 am
RESPONSIBILITY

First-
SAFE SEX
If it is too awkward to buy the protections needed to be safe in sex- NOT READY
If safe sex is too awkward to talk about- NOT READY
If the two people involved have known each other for a short time, less than 2 months- waiting longer is a really really smart idea.
If the someone you want to have sex with is someone online you have not met in real life yet- NOT READY times like 100. Squared.
If sex comes before being responsible like hormones before brain cells- NOT READY!
Two people wanting to have sex is not enough.  

Bits Of Silver
Crew

Sparkling Lunatic

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas