Submit

xX_Destiny_XxX

Chatty Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 am
I need to read or watch a new manga! But I can't seem to find one veryv easily.... so what do you like? Also if it helps here are some manga I really enjoy :

Shugo Chara
Clannad
and Kingdom Hearts.

So anyone got some suggestions for me?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 pm
Cardcaptor Sakura: You mentioned liking Shugo Chara, so it might be worth looking into some other magical girl series. CCS just gets my vote since it's my favorite manga series of the genre.

Air, Kanon, and/or Angel Beats: Since you included the word 'watch' in your original post. Clannad was based off a visual novel by Key, so you might like some other series adapted from their visual novels (or just written by them in the case of AB). No idea if any of these have manga, but it's probably a safe bet.

I'm not much help for romance manga, though. Romance is fine as a side element, and there are some romantic manga that I really like, but in general it's not a genre that does much for me.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PuellaSumDei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:08 pm
My two favorites would be Heart No Kuni No Alice and Dengeki Daisy....<3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:33 pm
Deadman Wonderland
Soul Eater
Full Moon wo Sagishite
Beast Master
Rosario + Vampire
Vampire Knight

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:40 pm
Saint Tail - A very cute Thief/Detective Catwoman/Batman love story with kids XD Also has an anime of the same name.

Tsubasa Chronicles
- If you follow Zephyrkitty's suggestion and read CCS, Tsubasa features the same characters but in an alternate universe. Also has an anime, a couple OVAs, and a movie.

Sailor Moon - I grew up with this series so I recommend it to everyone! biggrin A young girl finds a talking cat who gives her magical powers to fight evil and find the missing moon princess. Has a huge anime series and several OVAs and movies.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Despite it's depressingly sad subject matter and overly dramatic anime counterparts, FMA is one enjoyably funny manga and will guarantee you a laugh with every volume. Two separate anime series and one sucky movie.

Trigun - The manga for this series it pretty gritty and sometimes downright grotesque but the anime is PURE SOLID GOLD! It's ridiculously funny and has an AMAZING English translation and voice acting by John Yong Bosh (former Power Ranger Adam and now Ichigo on Bleach)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:32 am
How about trying "Shakugan no Shana"?

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

Cinna Feather

Shirtless Lover

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:56 am
Love Berrish, Dengeki Daisy, Kare Kanon, Arisa and Chocolate Cosmos are really good mangas. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 pm
Well, I really enjoy CLAMP's manga, their manga are very cute ^^ I would probably recommend Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle by CLAMP. The art is beautiful and the story is great~ I also love One Piece, I wouldn't say the art is the best, but the story line is epic! It is also really funny ^^ I especially love the anime of it~  

Nikkiela

Lonely Kitten

10,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 pm
from that list i'd suggest Sailor Moon and Crescent Moon out of what i have in my collection

the other ones i have so far are Mugan Spiral(2 volumes long), Yu-Gi-Oh!, most of FullMetal Alchemist, Vampire Knight, Tokyo Mew Mew, Glass Wing which are short stories, and Nabi Prototype but that one's really hard to find now apparently and also a bunch of short stories.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:56 am
User Image User Image

I recommend Ghost Hunt and Gakuen Alice. However, both are not yet finished. Gakuen Alice's is still on-going. Ghost Hunt is technically finished, but the anime doesn't show the last chapter and I haven't been able to find the ending in manga form. Oh, and I suggest that you watch Ghost Hunt, but read on Gakuen Alice.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:02 am
To watch...Teen Titans, Durarara and Fullmetal Alchemist were good, I don't know about Bleach or Inyuasha I could never understand them. Sailor Moon was good too!!

To read...all i could really suggest is the Maximum Ride series, it comes in manga and the type without pictures. XD  
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games