Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Rough & Depressing Month

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:41 pm
I'm just kind of ranting here, but is anyone else having an awful month like I have? So far since this month has started, everything has gone wrong. I applied for the perfect job working at my local library, and didn't get the job. My car wouldn't start one day when I needed to get to class, my computer got hit by lightning a day before that and no longer works, and it's the one time I don't have any money to replace it. The other day I pretty much just lost my best friend, the day after, I found out that the girl I like and was planning to ask out is in love with and dating someone now, after I wrote this really sweet poem trying to romance her. In between all of this my Crohn's Disease flares up and makes me sick, and the entire time, I'm feeling as depressed as can be because everything is going wrong in my life right now and it's just becoming too much to take. I just want something to go right for once is all. Like maybe my computer is able to be fixed, or I find someone even more special than the girl I liked. I just need something to cheer me up some, because I'm sick of being so depressed. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried playing video games and doing other things to take my mind off of my troubles but my troubles seem to always haunt me.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:24 pm
i know this sounds dumb or crazy but maybe u could smoke some weed. it relieves your stress makes u feel good u can think clearly on it u can still do things you need to do practically unimpaired. you are more likely to laugh and find joy in simple things and worry less about things that are keeping ya down.  

starchild_777

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:30 pm
starchild_777
i know this sounds dumb or crazy but maybe u could smoke some weed. it relieves your stress makes u feel good u can think clearly on it u can still do things you need to do practically unimpaired. you are more likely to laugh and find joy in simple things and worry less about things that are keeping ya down.

No offense or anything, but I'm not going to smoke some weed. I don't do drugs, even if they relieve stress and make you feel good. One it's illegal, and two, I have enough health problems as it is, and I don't need to be putting any toxins into my body. My apologies.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:22 am
starchild_777
In the future, please do not promote doing anything illegal. Yes, I know a lot of people use it for recreation for the reasons you stated, and yes, I am aware that it isn't as bad as other stuff out there, but do realize that this guild and this forum in particular is for help and support, not for the promotion of illicit activity.

To Ikari, I am sorry to hear things are going so badly. Instead of games as a distraction you could try volunteering somewhere, like a local animal shelter or a soup kitchen; something like that might make you feel better because you're helping someone else in need, even if you can't seem to better your own situation right now. Helping other people out seems to help with that sort of trouble, at least temporarily.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:48 am
Le Scratch
starchild_777
In the future, please do not promote doing anything illegal. Yes, I know a lot of people use it for recreation for the reasons you stated, and yes, I am aware that it isn't as bad as other stuff out there, but do realize that this guild and this forum in particular is for help and support, not for the promotion of illicit activity.

To Ikari, I am sorry to hear things are going so badly. Instead of games as a distraction you could try volunteering somewhere, like a local animal shelter or a soup kitchen; something like that might make you feel better because you're helping someone else in need, even if you can't seem to better your own situation right now. Helping other people out seems to help with that sort of trouble, at least temporarily.

The only problem with volunteering, is that there are no soup kitchens where I live, and the only animal shelter recently closed down I believe. There isn't really anywhere you can volunteer where I live in rural Virginia. But I do see where you're getting at with helping others, because there is a sense of satisfaction you get from helping others who need it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:45 pm
you know it dosent have to be volunteering, for me it helps when i just help people through just talking to them. most of the time it mostly me listening that makes them feel better and makes me feel good but sometimes they bring up stuff that they want my advice or input on which also leaves me with a good feeling like them.  

blackroze_dragon

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:16 pm
blackroze_dragon
you know it dosent have to be volunteering, for me it helps when i just help people through just talking to them. most of the time it mostly me listening that makes them feel better and makes me feel good but sometimes they bring up stuff that they want my advice or input on which also leaves me with a good feeling like them.

That's actually a good point, because normally, I'm use to helping people through talking to them and it does make me feel good being able to help like that. Maybe I'll try seeing if any of my friends need someone to talk to, because it's nice being able to help them with their problems and such.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:39 pm
Prince Ikari
blackroze_dragon

That's actually a good point, because normally, I'm use to helping people through talking to them and it does make me feel good being able to help like that. Maybe I'll try seeing if any of my friends need someone to talk to, because it's nice being able to help them with their problems and such.

smile glad i could help  

blackroze_dragon

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:43 pm