Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Well, this is a first...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:57 pm
I was out at a gay club with my friends last night and got verrrry drunk. I ran into someone I recognised from my old school but who I hadn't officially spoken to before. My friends and I spent the night talking to him and his friend and before I went home, he asked for my phone number and I kissed him.

So today he has been talking to me on Blackberry messenger asking me to meet up, that he's looking forward to seeing me and generally coming on quite strongly. I don't know if he understands that I was drunk (as in, I woke up at 5:30am today with no memory of how I got into a bed) and that I don't seem as interested in him as he is in me. I don't know what to do, I've arranged to meet him on Wednesday for a while, but I think he has his hopes up and I don't want to string him along.

He's thrown in a few suggestive comments as well, and I want to make it clear that I'm not going to rush into things, but the way he's acting seems like he won't respond to that sort of treatment.

This is the first time I've ever hooked up with a guy Suites, and to be honest I'm freaking out quite a bit, so any advice would be greatly appreciated smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:55 pm
I'd say just be honest. Let the guy know you had beer goggles on and what in happy town mode. Then ya know don't let things move at that fast pace you think it's gonna go at.  

wo_nyrmo

[K!ng]

Sparkly Shade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Guys like you describe are typically interested in ONE THING, and you know what that is.
Shut it down early when messaging by being straight forward with your intentions.
Say you're just interested in getting to know him a bit better and that's it.
Then when you meet if he makes a move he shouldn't have, you can at least say you warned him after rejection.

I deal with this a lot I must admit...
Too many hormone driven gays in the world.
Is it too much to ask to find a guy who thinks with his brain?!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:12 pm
Yeah what they said. o3o

If you don't want things to move too fast, just be good and clear about your intentions, and gently re-affirm it once or twice if he doesn't get the picture. If you have to keep re-affirming that stance repeatedly you both may not be looking for the same kinda relationship sadly. Best you can do is just be upfront and honest about the whole thing and hope he takes it well.

Good luck btw wink  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 pm
Thanks you guys. I'm going to bite the bullet and meet him tomorrow, but I have a good escape plan (and it's not a lie!) as I'm meeting him at 1pm and have to leave around 3 to go to work, so 2 hours can't be that bad. If it goes badly, I'll just be up front and honest about it and tell him that I don't think we should see each other again etc.

I'm ever so slightly excited now though xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:43 pm
Good luck~! Stick to your principles, and even if it doesn't turn out, you still get to keep the confidence boost from being chased. ^^  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:46 am
Lychee Fruit
Good luck~! Stick to your principles, and even if it doesn't turn out, you still get to keep the confidence boost from being chased. ^^

This. This so much.

It was horrific, he was an hour late, dressed like a slob, didn't take the hint that I was obviously lying through my teeth about not being able to meet him and at the end I pretty much run away from him.

But at least I know someone was interested smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am
Aquila15

It was horrific, he was an hour late, dressed like a slob, didn't take the hint that I was obviously lying through my teeth about not being able to meet him and at the end I pretty much run away from him.

All the better, because now not only was somebody interested in you, but YOU WERE TOO GOOD FOR HIM, MWAH HA HA HA HAAAAA! Maybe he'll take a lesson away from the date, too...  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:08 am
Lychee Fruit
Aquila15

All the better, because now not only was somebody interested in you, but YOU WERE TOO GOOD FOR HIM, MWAH HA HA HA HAAAAA! Maybe he'll take a lesson away from the date, too...

The lesson hopefully being that prolonged staring at your date's crotch is NOT attractive.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:59 am
Aquila15
The lesson hopefully being that prolonged staring at your date's crotch is NOT attractive.
Wow. Pathetic. rofl  

[K!ng]

Sparkly Shade

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:34 pm
Aquila15
Lychee Fruit
Aquila15

cat_gonk I... what... that's just... Okay I'm just gonna respond to this proper... *facepalm*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am
Junimaia
Aquila15
Lychee Fruit
Aquila15

cat_gonk I... what... that's just... Okay I'm just gonna respond to this proper... *facepalm*

rofl While I absolutely agree, this reminds me of something amusing.

http://holykaw.alltop.com/science-confirms-that-men-look-at-crotches  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:42 am
Szen
Junimaia
Aquila15
Lychee Fruit
Aquila15

rofl While I absolutely agree, this reminds me of something amusing.

http://holykaw.alltop.com/science-confirms-that-men-look-at-crotches

Oh wow...
xd  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas