Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
The hardest part about liking someone...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

finfageek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:42 pm
For me, at least, since most of the guys I tend to like are straight, is finding out whether they're gay or not. Personally, I don't like simply asking them, because they aren't entitled to tell me whether they are or not. It's not my business unless they WANT to make it my business.

This is being brought up because I sit next to a guy in Psychology whom seems to be growing on me. He's the ONLY guy in the world to straight up tell me "I like you" (though I said something funny, and the "I like you" was followed by a "You're funny"). And...I'm fairly certain he's straight, but I can never tell anymore.

So my question is...what's the easiest way to find out? (Rather than the obvious, of course.)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:19 pm
I read the title of your post thinking you were going to say the hardest part about liking someone, is when they like someone else back. That's the painful situation I am in at the moment anyways. I'm not too sure what to tell you though regarding your dilemma, being that I'm straight. I can imagine it's rather difficult to tell when someone is straight or gay. As girly as I act at times, I can imagine some think I am gay, though I'm not. I mean obviously it would be awkward to just go up and ask him if he's gay or not, because that might offend someone straight. I would say I'd try and have definitive, or at least substantial proof that he likes you before you, or at least known his sexual orientation first. I would think if the two of you are close enough then you'd be able to tell, and him saying he likes you is questionable. I mean he really could, or maybe he just meant you're a good friend, and he likes hanging out with you. I'd try some investigative work on your part, and if all else fells, then you might have to go with the obvious route and wish for the best.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:28 pm
It may be a gamble, but if you don't even buy the lottery ticket,how will you ever win?  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games