Creating a water dragon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elflady88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:36 am
Water Elemental Magic

Here's a slightly older piece but I found it again looking through my folders and while I still like it (which is very unusal for meXD) I think there is something off with his face and shoulders. Also his right arm looks weird to me, I don't know if it's the angle or something else.

Help on anatomy is greatly appreciated even though the picture is done already.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:19 pm
I can't help with the anatomy, so sorry. Anyway, I do like it! I like the lighting and how the dragon looks like it's being formed out of the bubbles.  

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Tarff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:24 pm
Alright, after reviewing the piece and the concerns, I have come to this conclusion:

You overcompensated in the shoulders, trying to emphasize that he still had a right arm even though he's turned by over-extending that shoulder. This would be the one on our left, his right. It shouldn't go out that far from that perspective because if you turned him back to face-front view, that shoulder would be out too far, especially since his left shoulder isn't that big to begin with. Also, his arm, the left one (our right), seems a bit thin considering the rest of his proportions which is why I believe the hand (with it's fingers) came out very thin as well. As far as the face goes, it's still pretty good. It may seem a bit odd looking back on it since all but the eyes are more a realistic sort of form. The eyes themselves seem to be the only feature hard-lined, but as far as the placement of features, you're good. This tutorial slightly outlines how a male torso should look in slightly different angles; that's not really the purpose of the tutorial so there aren't many angles, but I thought it was good: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&global=1&q=male+anatomy+tutorial#/d29znnh

Ooooh~! This one may work even better! http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&global=1&q=male+anatomy+tutorial#/d1q980g

As far as the actual piece, I really like it. You are very talented, especially in creating water serpents. I hope you choose to draw the picture again later and see how your abilities have changed. That's always fun! blaugh

Main Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games