Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForTheRabbits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:28 am
Ailinea
Kipluck
Yeah. BCR has a really shady history, back from when they were Easy Street. They were very hypocritical and now claim they have rescued many of the animals that they USED to admit they BOUGHT as pets originally. I have no problem with someone buying an exotic pet if they are qualified to care for it and know what they are doing, yes, even a big cat. BUT I DO have a problem with people who get one as a pet then later lie about it and say it is a rescue. NOT COOL. There's that, there is their attitude about hybrids, and there is this thing that happened with a cougar that a friend of mine knows that went there. SHADY stuff. I don't trust Carol Baskin.

On the other hand, the people in REXANO DO THEIR HOMEWORK. Are some of them breeders? Yes. And they don't pretend they are not. They don't lie about what they are. And they verify their sources. And they KNOW some bad stuff about BCR and some other "scamtuaries" that spoil the good name of TRUE sanctuaries who REALLY help animals.

OKAY, OFF my soapbox now. redface
I'd like to say more power to you, but a lot of this seems like the drivel and propaganda spouted by Joe Exotic and his cronies, who , for the record, I was against before I even heard of BCR. From what I understand, BCR openly admits on their website and in tours their history about buying exotic pets in the past. Also, can you elaborate on the cougar incident? I'd like to hear more about it, I'm a more open-minded than I may seem lol.

A lot of the stuff I've read against BCR usually comes from outdated sources (like the wildlife on easy street breeding guide) or no sources at all. I'm not a fan of Rexano either mostly because I'm against their philosophy on breeding and exotic pet ownership. I also think it's hilarious that bunny groups went after BCR but pretty much ignore that Zuzana Kukol feeds her cats whole rabbits sometimes. Not live, mind you, but some of these bunny activists would have you believe that ANY domestic rabbit used for feeding, dead or alive, is wrong.

Good God. I apologize, Gabrielle, for totally de-railing your topic. Would you like me to just knock it off or move it to another thread? Sorry. ._.

Kipluck, your comments on BCR and Rexano are correct.

Ailinea, I came across this post in a web search and would like to clear a few things up for you.

I have been working on complaints with a group of people since March 2011 re: BCR killing innocent domestic animals and defrauding the public. The research has been extensive and I can assure you that I do not post rumors or gossip nor are the facts from outdated sources.

I work part time at a wildlife center as well as rescue wild and domestic rabbits, if you would like to call me a bunny activist feel free however, your comment referring to bunny groups as hilarious shows your compassion toward animal life. If you condone the unnecessary torture and killing of Live domestic rabbits for the feeding of captive animals or the killing of domestic rabbits to be frozen when there are millions of animals killed daily for human food, I suggest you sacrifice your pets or the animals that you Seem to only Respect instead, and let me know how that sits with you.

No captive animal needs live food, no rehab animal needs a human to teach it their natural born hunting instincts. Respectable and ethical sanctuaries do Not feed live rabbits or any other live animal nor do they purchase frozen rabbits. It's a choice and a poor one if made.

Rexano is a highly respected Exotic owner who does not feed her big cats frozen rabbits, nor does she disrespect other animal life or the people who own domestic animals. I am not a Joe Exotic cronie, but I do support true facts that Joe posts regarding BCR.

BCR is being investigated for fraud as we speak. I suggest you get your facts straight before posting. Furthermore BCR not only tortures and kills live domestic rabbits they also kill, live chickens, rats & turkeys, they also defraud the public for donations of dead animals as well as defraud the public with fabricated stories of fake rescues. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Linda  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 am
ForTheRabbits

Ailinea, I came across this post in a web search and would like to clear a few things up for you.

I have been working on complaints with a group of people since March 2011 re: BCR killing innocent domestic animals and defrauding the public. The research has been extensive and I can assure you that I do not post rumors or gossip nor are the facts from outdated sources.

I work part time at a wildlife center as well as rescue wild and domestic rabbits, if you would like to call me a bunny activist feel free however, your comment referring to bunny groups as hilarious shows your compassion toward animal life. If you condone the unnecessary torture and killing of Live domestic rabbits for the feeding of captive animals or the killing of domestic rabbits to be frozen when there are millions of animals killed daily for human food, I suggest you sacrifice your pets or the animals that you Seem to only Respect instead, and let me know how that sits with you.

No captive animal needs live food, no rehab animal needs a human to teach it their natural born hunting instincts. Respectable and ethical sanctuaries do Not feed live rabbits or any other live animal nor do they purchase frozen rabbits. It's a choice and a poor one if made.

Rexano is a highly respected Exotic owner who does not feed her big cats frozen rabbits, nor does she disrespect other animal life or the people who own domestic animals. I am not a Joe Exotic cronie, but I do support true facts that Joe posts regarding BCR.

BCR is being investigated for fraud as we speak. I suggest you get your facts straight before posting. Furthermore BCR not only tortures and kills live domestic rabbits they also kill, live chickens, rats & turkeys, they also defraud the public for donations of dead animals as well as defraud the public with fabricated stories of fake rescues. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Linda

Just wondering, if you don't condone feeding captive carnivores frozen thawed meat, then what would your feeding choices be?

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Ailinea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:27 am
ForTheRabbits
Ailinea
Kipluck
Yeah. BCR has a really shady history, back from when they were Easy Street. They were very hypocritical and now claim they have rescued many of the animals that they USED to admit they BOUGHT as pets originally. I have no problem with someone buying an exotic pet if they are qualified to care for it and know what they are doing, yes, even a big cat. BUT I DO have a problem with people who get one as a pet then later lie about it and say it is a rescue. NOT COOL. There's that, there is their attitude about hybrids, and there is this thing that happened with a cougar that a friend of mine knows that went there. SHADY stuff. I don't trust Carol Baskin.

On the other hand, the people in REXANO DO THEIR HOMEWORK. Are some of them breeders? Yes. And they don't pretend they are not. They don't lie about what they are. And they verify their sources. And they KNOW some bad stuff about BCR and some other "scamtuaries" that spoil the good name of TRUE sanctuaries who REALLY help animals.

OKAY, OFF my soapbox now. redface
I'd like to say more power to you, but a lot of this seems like the drivel and propaganda spouted by Joe Exotic and his cronies, who , for the record, I was against before I even heard of BCR. From what I understand, BCR openly admits on their website and in tours their history about buying exotic pets in the past. Also, can you elaborate on the cougar incident? I'd like to hear more about it, I'm a more open-minded than I may seem lol.

A lot of the stuff I've read against BCR usually comes from outdated sources (like the wildlife on easy street breeding guide) or no sources at all. I'm not a fan of Rexano either mostly because I'm against their philosophy on breeding and exotic pet ownership. I also think it's hilarious that bunny groups went after BCR but pretty much ignore that Zuzana Kukol feeds her cats whole rabbits sometimes. Not live, mind you, but some of these bunny activists would have you believe that ANY domestic rabbit used for feeding, dead or alive, is wrong.

Good God. I apologize, Gabrielle, for totally de-railing your topic. Would you like me to just knock it off or move it to another thread? Sorry. ._.

Linda

Ha! Wow, it's a small world. If this is Linda Sue, I just sent you a message on Facebook about REXANO and their choices of feed, which I'll post below.

And thank you for twisting my words. I don't lack compassion. Trust me on this.

Quote:

Hi again Linda,

Still inspired by your passion, but want to comment on a few things I've seen you post in regards to rabbits vs. BCR.

Where do you see that BCR is feeding live rabbits or any other live animal to tigers or non-releaseable animals? If you're referring to the tiger cub and the rabbit photo, it was established on another rabbit group that the photo was taken in a zoo in China, and not at BCR. If you'd like me to pull up the many links I found on Google, I can.

The photo of the three girls holding dead rabbits is absolutely terrible, I agree. However, just because it was in the photo album does not mean BCR put it there. Notice the other photos in that album is artwork from fans or photographs from fans. The album is functionally the same as the album in your own private Facebook, where someone tags you in their own photo and is now visible to all your friends. A volunteer in very poor taste probably uploaded the photo to BCR's page. It is very possible that BCR admins did not see it until it was brought to their attention.

In addition, while I haven't found any other groups using live rabbits for rehab, there are many rehabs that use live rats and mice and dead rats, mice, rabbits, quail, guinea pigs, hamsters, etc. There are suppliers all over the nation for these animals. I recently just purchased ground whole rabbit for my dog from a reputable supplier (www.mypetcarnivore.com). Further, BCR is not the only facility that uses dead whole prey. Here is a forum on big cat owners discussing live and dead prey: http://www.exoticcatz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3455&sid=c7434222b10b3820a3289fe578d1fc7b

Here's a link on REXANO's website (another organization totally against BCR) on what to feed big or small cats, including horse, squirrel, rabbit, and deer. http://www.rexano.org/ResponsibleOwnership/Husbandry/ButcheringFrame.htm There's even a how-to on how to prepare the deer. I once found a forum post by Zuzana Kukol, the owner of REXANO and that she feeds her cats whole (dead) rabbits but I can't find it at the moment.

I'm not really sure what I'm getting at here, I was just curious that if this your main argument against BCR, why aren't you also attacking other groups that do the same?

Sorry for the long post, and no intent to offend. Just simple conversation, I hope. thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:21 pm
Alright, my bad I totally posted something without being 100% sure and now it's just embarrassing. I'm pretty sure it's not Zuzana I'm thinking of feeding rabbits, it was another large pro-exotic advocate. I have no idea where Zuzana came from and I'm so sorry D:

The person I'm thinking of is aluarose of exoticcatz.com http://www.exoticcatz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=717  

Ailinea

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces