Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:57 am
my yard lacks trees and bushes but ive still got plenty of wildlife

been finding raccoon hair recently so ill be out at night looking for my new yard buddy

im always finding american toads though today i found an extra fat one, i wish i took a picture becasue honestly im suprised he can even hop he is so well fed.

all sorts of spider species, even my favorite, the black and brown widows. got loads of widows and barn spiders, no complaints from me of course since i know ho to move them if they are in my way

and whenever hubby mows the grass crickets come running out of the yeard in swarms

and needless to say stowrm loves every minute of being out in the yard messing with the local wildlife. she has just discovered how much fun chasing certain fluffy tailed rodents is

and yes, ive been trying to keep tabs on the animals to see who is doing what lol. i cant wait to get up some bird feeders and bird baths next year, and maybe get a better camera so i can take better pictures of the animals i share my living space with  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:02 am
Raccoons! If we only had them here.
I don't have a yard, sadly. ; 3;

I do have a balcony tho, lots of spiders there. My cats love them. lol  

pompoennetje

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:30 am

Sounds like so much fun :3

We have tons of frogs and lizards, I love it. They're so cool. The other day my byofriend was looking into the top cup of the fountain, so he had tos tretch on to his toes and lean it down a bit. Then all of a sudden, he dropped it, screamed, ran over to me and grabbed me going 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH IT'S A GIANT FROG!!" I was like "lol wtf?" And he was like ">.> I wasn't expecting anything to be in there and then all of a sudden there was this frog with these huge eyes just LOOKING at me." It was the funniest thing ever. Now I make fun of him whenever we see a frog. Oh yeah, the and tree frogs laid eggs in Jack's baby pool x.x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:00 pm
Yay for wild backyards! I encourage you to plant native plants, trees, and bushes to attract even more amazing wildlife. Once you get your bird feeders and bird bath up, one awesome suggestion for your bird bath is to hang a 2-liter bottle filled with water above the bird bath, with a small hole punctured in the bottom so that water drips down from the bottle into the bird bath. Birds LOVE moving water and ripples and you'll find you might attract more birds that way! If you're up to it, you should also participate in a local bird feeder count, or join Project FeederWatch from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology ( http://www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw/ ). Also, be sure to clean your feeders regularly to avoid spreading diseases like conjunctivitis.

Ha! Can you tell I'm a bird person? Have fun enjoying your back yard! ^_^  

Ailinea

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:30 pm
We don't get many lizards here. We do get the odd red belly black, one of australias deadliest snakes. Usually people kill them, we just hose them and they sliver out of the yard. Frogs come into the yard sometimes, poisonous toads...

In the other side of the yard with the chickens, we have several species of birds all day, it's really good. And we have spiders, bugs etc. I love cricket season, we find them everywhere. I get a kick out of going around my house catching them, hanging out with them, and then I usually let them go outside, as they don't have a good chance at life after they are stuck inside  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:37 pm
DeeSpark
We don't get many lizards here. We do get the odd red belly black, one of australias deadliest snakes. Usually people kill them, we just hose them and they sliver out of the yard. Frogs come into the yard sometimes, poisonous toads...

In the other side of the yard with the chickens, we have several species of birds all day, it's really good. And we have spiders, bugs etc. I love cricket season, we find them everywhere. I get a kick out of going around my house catching them, hanging out with them, and then I usually let them go outside, as they don't have a good chance at life after they are stuck inside

i live in a woodsy area so we get venomous snakes sometimes but its rare. im much more likely to find a turkey in the yard and thats only happened a couple times. we do get garter snakes though  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:13 pm
Shanna66
DeeSpark

i live in a woodsy area so we get venomous snakes sometimes but its rare. im much more likely to find a turkey in the yard and thats only happened a couple times. we do get garter snakes though

I wish we didn't get any. I like them, but I know my dogs would probably go for it if they saw one, and now we have chickens...  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games