Submit

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:37 pm
This may sound heartless, but I don't have any moral dilemmas over eating meat. It's just the way I was raised. I was also friends with a few PETA worshippers, which did nothing to make me want to pursue a vegetarian lifestyle. (I detest this group for a number of reasons)
However, I do find it horrendous the conditions the animals are put in. We watched the documentary Our Daily Bread for one of our classes and it made me physically ill. The movie was European and our professor pointed out that they have better conditions for the animals than most places in North America. That's absolutely terrible.
The worst part is that processed meat is fairly cheap, even when compared to meat bought from small scaled farms where the animals are treated humanly before being killed. If I could afford to buy organic foods and support local farms, I would. For most people it's about convenience over ethical concerns.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:15 pm
Isn't it part of the ecosystem?
Animals kill other animals, so I find it the same as humans killing animals.
My mom told me not to waste food, because if you waste it, it has died for nothing ; A;
I feel bad for the animals though.
I don't think not eating meat would change it.
Unless you go up to the person,
that way you'll really make a difference.  

Pawprintz

8,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:28 pm
I am going veggies. I done research and I have found some things that are disturbing. I have found ways to get what I need in my body.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:10 pm
The worst part about being a vegetarian is the strange stereotypes floating around and peoples' insistence on generalizing about them. I like animals a lot, but I am a vegetarian because my family is. If there is no meat in the house ever, then why on earth would I eat it? It is a part of our lifestyle, so deeply engrained, and that's it, in a nutshell. I have tried meat but found the taste horrible, and have a great aversion to the smell of it (especially fish).
It's also frustrating to me when someone asks if it's because of religion...because there are many devout people in my religion who eat certain meats also. Personally my family isn't very religious. It's like...why are you in such a rush to categorize me?!  

Discomfiture

Decorated Nerd

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm
Discomfiture
The worst part about being a vegetarian is the strange stereotypes floating around and peoples' insistence on generalizing about them. I like animals a lot, but I am a vegetarian because my family is. If there is no meat in the house ever, then why on earth would I eat it? It is a part of our lifestyle, so deeply engrained, and that's it, in a nutshell. I have tried meat but found the taste horrible, and have a great aversion to the smell of it (especially fish).
It's also frustrating to me when someone asks if it's because of religion...because there are many devout people in my religion who eat certain meats also. Personally my family isn't very religious. It's like...why are you in such a rush to categorize me?!

that is how I started going veggie. but from there i just decided that it is better  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:32 am
Red meat physically makes me ill. My body can't digest it properly. I also can't digest lactose properly either. I became a vegetarian when I was 14.

I now eat fish (past 2 years) I'm 22.

I have no interest in eating other meat at all. And I'm fine with it.

By the way in response to the whole they get mad when you don't remember they are vegetarian thing. I do get frustrated with my friends who repeatedly "forget" I'm vegetarian (pescetarian now). They have known me 5 years. They have gone out to eat with me about once a month. They KNOW. They just don't agree with my choice. Whatever. And that is frustrating.  

stardust460

Bashful Gaian

10,625 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Citizen 200
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items