Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
What did you do on World Animal Day?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:34 am
I love my pets and I give them tons of attention and love everyday.
Today I gave my two cats some fish, and I bought some cat toys a while ago I saved for this day, haha. lol

Right now they're napping in the sun enjoying the good life. Sadly, Hiro isn't allowed to eat anymore after 6pm, due to his surgery tomorrow. That's going to be difficult.

Anyway, What did you do with your pets? 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:03 pm
I didn't actually celebrate. I had to teach (story time... Dinosaur Bob and His Adventures with the Family Lazardo, singing the Ballad of Dinosaur Bob and watercoloring pictures of an Apatasaurus .) and I did give Jack a little extra love. It's his adoption day. xd He got a big, juicy, freshly molted roach. I also held him and and told him what a beautiful boy he was, which he hated. twisted
As for World Animal Day, I did actually write about the religious side of it: Feast of Saint Francis brings animals to church  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:32 am
Kipluck
I didn't actually celebrate. I had to teach (story time... Dinosaur Bob and His Adventures with the Family Lazardo, singing the Ballad of Dinosaur Bob and watercoloring pictures of an Apatasaurus .) and I did give Jack a little extra love. It's his adoption day. xd He got a big, juicy, freshly molted roach. I also held him and and told him what a beautiful boy he was, which he hated. twisted
As for World Animal Day, I did actually write about the religious side of it: Feast of Saint Francis brings animals to church
Interesting! I've read the last article. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:39 am
I didn't know that there was a world animal day. D:  

PSM Guild Mule

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 am
Subliminal Aftermath

4th of October?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:16 pm
Funklepuss
Subliminal Aftermath

4th of October?
Yup. Traditionally it is the Feast of Saint Francis, Patron Saint of Animals. According to some sources, it was started in 1931 at a convention of ecologists in Italy as a way of recognizing the issues of endangered animals. World Animal Day is really more celebrated in Europe, but is finally starting to matter in America too, though the religious holiday is probably more famous in most states.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items