Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Hiro got his surgery today...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:30 pm
Everything went well, no complication, and his knee won't pop out again. He is wearing this cap/collar so he can't lick his leg. Problem is, we got it on it's tightest - don't worry, he can still breath and I can still put a finger and a half between it, it won't go any tighter, but he still manages to get it off. Don't ask me why, it's a mystery to me too. His leg is shaved, got stitches, he eats, drinks and isn't alloud to jump or go on high places for 2 weeks. He even already walks on it, carefully. We got two medicine, against pain and infections.

I was wondering if anyone knew some tips for the cap/collar? Or something so he won't lick the wound? Bandage isn't an option, already tried. He is still retty rough with that leg, and I actually want to protect the wound.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:37 pm
There's things like these

or This

It also looks like you can get the same effect with a folded towel and some tape.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/220089-mango-on-the-mend/

[Slightly graphic wound pics at bottom of initial post, but you can see how they did the collar without scrolling down that far.]  

Akiska

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:26 am
Akiska
There's things like these

or This

It also looks like you can get the same effect with a folded towel and some tape.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/220089-mango-on-the-mend/

[Slightly graphic wound pics at bottom of initial post, but you can see how they did the collar without scrolling down that far.]

I am considering that second one. I just need to find out where I can buy it.

Thank you!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff