Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Ever fallen/liked someone long distance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you?
  Yes
  No
View Results

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:50 pm
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Lol I'm pretty sure everyone in this guild knows about the kid I met on YouTube and "dated" for a week. It bombed. He was okay, but then he started getting pervy and clingy, asking for tit-flashes and constantly saying "I love you" even after I told him I wasn't sure if I felt the same way.

I'd webcammed him once, talked to him on the phone a few times, but neither of those methods made me aware of who his IRL self was. If, say, I had met someone IRL but then went somewhere far away, that might've worked out better.

Yeah I saw that. sorry he turned out to be such a perv. You can get to know a person long distance you just won't know some of the little things that you would if you spent excessive time with them in person. It's sad but unfortunate.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:13 am
Maybe thrice for 4 years, I suppose, but they didn't turned to be the person they are after months of talking to them.  

Countervail

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:23 am
CheizLord
Lady Kayura
I've had two rather serious long distance relationships. Both times, the guy moved to me. I'm currently engaged to the second man that moved to me. It was long distance for several months.

Texting, IMing, webcamming were all methods we utilized. And of course phone calls.

Wow, I love hearing stories like that. Congrats on the engagement. so does he live with you now?

Yep. He moved up here last year around October. We've been engaged since this past July. He and I used the phone more than anything to communicate, texting and calls.

My ex before him though we used IMing more than anything since we were both online a lot..

I met both guys online though. I'd known both for a few years before we ended up meeting which was kind of nice. I already had an idea of what they were like.

With my fiancee, our first meeting was to see if we could get along well IRL. If we had any chemistry. We obviously did. xD

But I had a friend that dated this woman for a while online. But when they met IRL they didn't get along at all. Gotta be prepared for that sort of thing. Meet someone before making a serious commitment.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 am
CheizLord
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Lol I'm pretty sure everyone in this guild knows about the kid I met on YouTube and "dated" for a week. It bombed. He was okay, but then he started getting pervy and clingy, asking for tit-flashes and constantly saying "I love you" even after I told him I wasn't sure if I felt the same way.

I'd webcammed him once, talked to him on the phone a few times, but neither of those methods made me aware of who his IRL self was. If, say, I had met someone IRL but then went somewhere far away, that might've worked out better.

Yeah I saw that. sorry he turned out to be such a perv. You can get to know a person long distance you just won't know some of the little things that you would if you spent excessive time with them in person. It's sad but unfortunate.

You don't have to be sorry. It was just something weird and stupid I did but now I've moved on and currently have fallen for two people (which usually never happens) one of whom is single. When homecoming comes around, I just might get the guts to ask him to come with me. Or not...  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 am
Lady Kayura
CheizLord
Lady Kayura
I've had two rather serious long distance relationships. Both times, the guy moved to me. I'm currently engaged to the second man that moved to me. It was long distance for several months.

Texting, IMing, webcamming were all methods we utilized. And of course phone calls.

Wow, I love hearing stories like that. Congrats on the engagement. so does he live with you now?

Yep. He moved up here last year around October. We've been engaged since this past July. He and I used the phone more than anything to communicate, texting and calls.

My ex before him though we used IMing more than anything since we were both online a lot..

I met both guys online though. I'd known both for a few years before we ended up meeting which was kind of nice. I already had an idea of what they were like.

With my fiancee, our first meeting was to see if we could get along well IRL. If we had any chemistry. We obviously did. xD

But I had a friend that dated this woman for a while online. But when they met IRL they didn't get along at all. Gotta be prepared for that sort of thing. Meet someone before making a serious commitment.

Yeah I heard a horror story that this girl was dating long distance with this guy and they decided to get married the first time they met and he wound up being abusive, so I agree. gotta stay alert and be prepared for disappointment.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 am
i am, most of the time... . XD  

Thenesis

23,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bidding War 100

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:39 am
Sunshine Peach-Heart
CheizLord
Sunshine Peach-Heart

You don't have to be sorry. It was just something weird and stupid I did but now I've moved on and currently have fallen for two people (which usually never happens) one of whom is single. When homecoming comes around, I just might get the guts to ask him to come with me. Or not...

Well I hope that works out for you XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Oh boy, LDRs... They aren't really bad but they aren't really good either.

I was in one for about four years with a guy who lived in the States (I'm Canadian). We were young when we first found each other so I broke it off a couple times because I figured it wouldn't work out due to us not being adults. We did basically everything we could do long distance. MSN, emails, webcam, snail mail (I wrote him a letter every day for about two months), phone calls everyday for hours, presents, ect. Looking back I can see it was nuts, but we were both seriously in love. It was great. I always had someone to talk to when I needed, and most of the time I didn't have to even get dressed up to be with him since he couldn't see me so there was no stress over appearance (not that he cared anyways what I looked like, he was good that way). We even had it planned that he would come up and visit for three weeks. That was when he turned out to be an a*****e, but that's not important. Get cancellation insurance on all flights, folks.

My point is Long distance relationships can be nice. I've heard of many, even in this thread, that worked out well. Some are just great for the time being. Just be careful not to expect the world out of them because like any other relationship they don't always end happily. If they do turn out to be the world for you, then congrats!

VelveteenandRazorblades

illuminati was here

Alien Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:46 pm
Currently in one. It's working out pretty well thus far. It's helped that we were in a relationship before I moved away, we had already made that commitment. Anyway, she only lives a couple hours away by car, so it's not too bad and we talk all the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:27 pm
I recently met someone online, and for the past few days we've been talking (voice calling for the past 2 or so). Usually, I would totally be hesitant about doing something like this, but I don't know, it's.... different I guess. It feels different anyway. We have a lot in common and it's really easy to talk to him (he's only a few years older than me). I'm actually kind of hoping I don't start liking him, since we live extremely far apart... sweatdrop  

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items