Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Spongebob should be banned cuz he's gay...wait what?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:04 pm
Spongebob question.

XD Wooow.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:14 pm
Wow... but I think she was kidding, since in her additional notes she added quotes from people who made jokes about it.  

Denkou Soshiatae

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:19 pm
:3 Yeah I know. Just thought it was a funny topic since I had thought of that before. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:36 pm
I have a friend who swears that Spongebob is one very long run-on gay joke.
No one is seriously trying to ban Spongebob- not the way they went after Tinky-winky and Bert and Ernie.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:30 pm
Lol SpongeBob will be fine. Bert and Ernie have been around for 40 years and nobody's said they should be banned.
Well, had this been, say, the mid-1900s, that would be a different story.
But to me, SpongeBob seems more bisexual than gay. Hell, I think 70% of the world's population is actually bisexual, but that's just me.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:17 am
I read all of the comments on that page and LMAO XD
Is this what people see of Spongebob? I for one think Spongebob's cool.  

Luneth Moon

Timid Fox

12,400 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100

Kaleidosaur

Hopeful Trash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:33 am
You know, technically Spongebob shouldn't have a sex. He's a sea sponge. They're a-sexual, and reproduce by budding. Wouldn't that mean that he's just abnormal to have a thing for any creature, regardless of sex? I'm over-analyzing this. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:41 am
So... Wait, what? XD
I'm pretty sure that it's not a choice {at least, being bisexual wasn't a choice for me, I just realized that I had a crush on a girl while still being attracted to guys as well}
Again... What? Lol. Or should I say trololololol?  

Solemn Insanity

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:28 am
this made me laugh
honestly i don't think the post was serious at all
on another note, i now want to see a cartoon with a gay main character yet without the premise being that the main character happens to be gay.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:55 pm
The post may have not been that serious but this one comment was. Did this disturb anybody else?
Quote:
i thought i was the only one who SUSPECTED this !!! Now i c my fears are confirmed. This is a very serious and pressing issue, we must take action. I have a speculation theory. Spongebob is a show created to target the younger audience. By implementing these outrageously acts of gayness in their show, it clearly proves that the producers are trying to encourage kids to be gay, as you have stated. However, the question arises, why are they targeting our future generations? My theory is that they feel the need to reduce the population. This isnt necessarily a bad idea, when looking at our economy and our resources, we see that sustaining the population of humans in future years will be tough. Thus encouraging gayness through shows like spongebob might just be another solution that needs to be executed discretely. Despite this i do feel that we need to get a study going on these T.V shows. People should have the right to choose how gay they are.

1.) This has to be the most ridiculous conspiracy theory I think I've ever heard. Thinking that people use children's shows to manipulate little kids into converting to anything is just plain paranoid. If people really wanted to control population they'd be pushing more people to adopt the kids that are already out there, throwing more birth control pills and condoms at people through their windows while preaching abstinence, not converting little kids to become homosexuals.Not to mention you can't convert people, you either are or you aren't.

2.) It's people like this who treat homosexuality as a "pressing issue" that really bother me. There are so many more important issues out there that need attention and they're focusing on banning a television show because the main character could be gay? If anything he should be gay. It might actually spread a little more acceptance amongst the younger generation if they're exposed to a gay icon at a young age that they love watching.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

lxlzero1127lxl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:26 pm
CheizLord
The post may have not been that serious but this one comment was. Did this disturb anybody else?
Quote:
i thought i was the only one who SUSPECTED this !!! Now i c my fears are confirmed. This is a very serious and pressing issue, we must take action. I have a speculation theory. Spongebob is a show created to target the younger audience. By implementing these outrageously acts of gayness in their show, it clearly proves that the producers are trying to encourage kids to be gay, as you have stated. However, the question arises, why are they targeting our future generations? My theory is that they feel the need to reduce the population. This isnt necessarily a bad idea, when looking at our economy and our resources, we see that sustaining the population of humans in future years will be tough. Thus encouraging gayness through shows like spongebob might just be another solution that needs to be executed discretely. Despite this i do feel that we need to get a study going on these T.V shows. People should have the right to choose how gay they are.

1.) This has to be the most ridiculous conspiracy theory I think I've ever heard. Thinking that people use children's shows to manipulate little kids into converting to anything is just plain paranoid. If people really wanted to control population they'd be pushing more people to adopt the kids that are already out there, throwing more birth control pills and condoms at people through their windows while preaching abstinence, not converting little kids to become homosexuals.Not to mention you can't convert people, you either are or you aren't.

2.) It's people like this who treat homosexuality as a "pressing issue" that really bother me. There are so many more important issues out there that need attention and they're focusing on banning a television show because the main character could be gay? If anything he should be gay. It might actually spread a little more acceptance amongst the younger generation if they're exposed to a gay icon at a young age that they love watching.

i completely agree, my younger sister is eleven, and she already thinks "Gay" is a bad thing to be. Spongebob should absolutely be gay, will all parents let kids watch it, no, but I think it would really be worth it for the good it would do, it would totally spread the acceptance  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:14 pm
Mind = Blown  

Arylon Lovire

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:52 pm
lxlzero1127lxl
CheizLord
Quote:

i completely agree, my younger sister is eleven, and she already thinks "Gay" is a bad thing to be. Spongebob should absolutely be gay, will all parents let kids watch it, no, but I think it would really be worth it for the good it would do, it would totally spread the acceptance

Yeah like, How can anyone think there's more harm in spreading acceptance than there is to be narrowminded.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 pm
RoxyChick2003
You know, technically Spongebob shouldn't have a sex. He's a sea sponge. They're a-sexual, and reproduce by budding. Wouldn't that mean that he's just abnormal to have a thing for any creature, regardless of sex? I'm over-analyzing this. XD

According to sites I've seen, Spongebob is a heteroromantic asexual.

I just think it's funny how people throw hissy fits over entertainment. For example, in Portal 2 there's a character named Wheatley who, well, I won't spoil it for anyone, but in the course of the game, he imitates GLaDOS' childish insults and at one point says "Fatty-fatty no parents". This enraged a father who was playing with his adopted daughter.

It's hillarious how people over-analyse cartoons/games/tv/whatever and get so angry over nothing.  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items