Submit

What's the most you've spent on a bug?
  Under a dollar
  $1-$5
  $5-$20
  $20-$50
  $50-$100
  More than $100
  o_O I've never BOUGHT a bug, you weirdo!
View Results

Krissim Klaw
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:36 pm
Save me Kipluck, I have been coniserdering going to the big reptile expo that happens down here in November and I so know if I am not careful I'll probably be coming back with something too. With all the Halloween decorations my craving for a tarantula is back in full force and they always seem to have those at the herp shows. I don't think I could say no if someone had a docile golden knee or pink zebra girly up for sale.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:03 pm
Akari_32
You know whats wrong with this thread?

Theres no pics! gonk
You are so right.

THIS is Ms.
User Image
She is being troublesome. I am kicking myself for getting one so little. She is a reluctant eater and I have force fed her this past week... but she FINALLY started eating last night so I THINK we are okay.

THIS is Millie. Still very shy, but amazing.
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Krissim Klaw
Save me Kipluck, I have been coniserdering going to the big reptile expo that happens down here in November and I so know if I am not careful I'll probably be coming back with something too. With all the Halloween decorations my craving for a tarantula is back in full force and they always seem to have those at the herp shows. I don't think I could say no if someone had a docile golden knee or pink zebra girly up for sale.
I can not save you. I would be more likely to stand be hind you cheering DO IT DO IT!  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:53 pm
So. CUTE! heart heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:09 am
That millipede is totes cool. 4laugh  

Parfait Parrot

imderanged

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:05 am
you're really making me want a millipede now heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 pm
Kipluck

Concerning mites, I just wanted to clear up something that is a common misconception. You don't need to get rid of all the mites on a millipede. Little white or yellow ones are bad. You can try flour, you MAY even need to introduce predatory mites if you have a bad infestation. BUT those are drastic because they also eat the OTHER mites I am about to mention (but you should never use Vaseline. It can block the millipede from breathing right. They breath out of the side of their bodies.). Larger reddish ones are NOT bad. They actually help keep your millipede clean. They stay on the bug rather than infesting the cage. They keep the legs moving freely and free from rot and mold. So despite them LOOKING creepy, you really don't have to get rid all the mites. Just the little bad ones. 3nodding (for future reference.)
This is more information in this one post than I could find anywhere on the internet at the time, thanks! Yeah, I read that mites are normal, but she really was infested with them. I also avoided putting vaseline on the sides of her so I wouldn't clog the spiracles (or whatever they're called D: ) so she could breathe. Never knew you could kill mites with mites though, awesome xD If I remember correctly, the mites were an off-white or light brownish color. Been too many years though.

Anyway, your millipede looks great! Makes me miss my less-originally named Millie now. Love your name concept! 8D  

Ailinea

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces