Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Your transgender coming out stories?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalona Ayeliski

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:31 am
I just recently came out to the two people i wanted to and im scared to tell my father, oh btw im Male to Female Transgender. but i dont know how to tell my dad that, i dont want him to hate me or like never talk to me again. I'm really scared. crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:14 pm
Maybe you could try and talk things and see his views on gays and stuff. ^^  

Emerald Zombie

Dedicated Player

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:03 pm
-hugs- i'm sure it'll be okay! test his feelings first if it really worries ya. not only for his standing on gay's but also on trans. most people who are ok with gay's are okay with trans and vice versa, but not everyone. some are only okay with one if any.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 am
Irie_Naoki_19
I just recently came out to the two people i wanted to and im scared to tell my father, oh btw im Male to Female Transgender. but i dont know how to tell my dad that, i dont want him to hate me or like never talk to me again. I'm really scared. crying crying crying

I have been there!
One thing, don't rush into it.
Just slip little hints when you talk to him and see how he reacts.
Really think of what you're going to say first and if he rejects you...it's his lost.
Because just admitting that to the rest of the world makes you a very strong person.
3nodding

If you need to talk... you can PM me anytime.
I'm an FtM if you were wondering.  

Masked_Ven

Kalona Ayeliski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 am
Masked_Ven
Irie_Naoki_19

I have been there!
One thing, don't rush into it.
Just slip little hints when you talk to him and see how he reacts.
Really think of what you're going to say first and if he rejects you...it's his lost.
Because just admitting that to the rest of the world makes you a very strong person.
3nodding

If you need to talk... you can PM me anytime.
I'm an FtM if you were wondering.
My significant other is Female to Male.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:27 pm
I'm not transgendered myself but I did see this great seminar at my college run by a female to male transgendered named Ryan cassada. You should look him up, he all over youtube and was on king leon and tyra and everything. Might give you some inspiration.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Ashala Vasluvian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:32 pm
Like your case I recently (five days ago) came out to one of my good friends about being transgender, essentially like you a Male to Female. It was shaky at first but she was more than okay with it she was ecstatic to find out she now had a best friend that was a girl. But same as your case, I'm worried about telling my parents as they are highly against gay's and bisexuals. I feel like I;m running off of your post but that's my coming out story ._.;;

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:51 am
I came out to my grandmother with a erratically written letter I had her read while at school. I tried coming out to my mom by wearing girl clothing in front of her basically...but she just thought -I- didnt realize what I was wearing...
Still have not come out to the rest of my family, though I go to school sometimes dressed as a girl, though everyone still refers to me as a boy.  

Saelune

IRL Fairy

7,650 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Kalona Ayeliski

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:20 am
Kojii Okumara
Like your case I recently (five days ago) came out to one of my good friends about being transgender, essentially like you a Male to Female. It was shaky at first but she was more than okay with it she was ecstatic to find out she now had a best friend that was a girl. But same as your case, I'm worried about telling my parents as they are highly against gay's and bisexuals. I feel like I;m running off of your post but that's my coming out story ._.;;
i've come out to one of my parents and some of my friends so far and well they were all really accepting. it was easier then i thought it would be. but if you want someone to talk to add me as a friend.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games