Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 pm
I don't know why I'm posting this here, maybe some of you might be somewhat interested in it. I'm wondering if anyone knows anyone else who's like me, too.
For some reason my senses don't work right. Meaning, my sense of smell.

Bad things smell good to me. Well, not all the time. Sometimes bad stuff still smells bad but I've not gotten to that yet.

The big thing is with litter boxes mostly. I don't smell poop...I smell butter. Yeah that's weird...I don't know how to explain the 'smell of butter' but it just smells like...butter to me. Sometimes peanut butter. Sometimes urine smells like roast beef...Kitty litter on it's own smells like flowers. Fresh poo is still horrible though. Well, lizard and kitty poo that I know of.

Snake poo doesn't smell..bad to me, either. It smells...like, I don't know how to explain it but it doesn't smell nearly as bad as other people explain it. For instance one time my snake had pooe'd and I didn't notice right away, since I was asleep. She complained that it smelled soooo bad but I didn't smell anything. When I did I had to go over there, and it just smelled..sharp to me. Not unpleasantly sharp, but strangely sharp.

I'm not saying I like the smell of animal poop by any means, I'm just saying that my senses don't perceive it correctly.

However, it is also a curse in a way. For instance when I was in the hospital there was a room that was kept closed with flowers in it. When I'd go into that room, before I got used to it, it smelled very unpleasant and bitter, if bitter is a smell...

Also, with food; meat, mostly. Steak and chicken. When I open some it smells like poo and vomit...

So, yeah...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 am
It's okay. When the litterbox gets really bad, I always smell burritos. xd  

Parfait Parrot

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:50 am
When my dogs apparently smell terrible to everyone else, i usually smell nothing but sometimes smell fruit loops.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:06 am
I have no problem cleaning out the litterbox. Since the smell isn't that horrible to me,

But it sounds like your nose & brains are smelling the complete opposite.  

pompoennetje

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:45 pm
That would be a kind of nice thing. My nose is super sensitive.... good or bad, most scents are just too much for me and make my migraines worse. I can't use scented lotions or soaps, and if I don't change Baby Fable's litter every week it wreaks to me, even though my family insists it doesn't smell at all (thankfully since I am staying at their house.).

On the other hand, my dad thinks my gliders stink, but really with the diet they are on, and after ********* got fixed, they smell, well, like tostitos corn chips! Not bad at all. Trust me, MY nose would know!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games