Submit

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:18 pm
Ridiculously cruel. I hate things like this. Why can't people see animals as living things?!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:31 pm
thats terrible. it should be banned  

Lotus the Wicked

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:40 am
kage no neko
I'd support tattooing for ID reasons if I even had a clue what you'd tattoo on them. Like what would you put on it, your address or phone number? Then what if it changes... you know?

But I'm not sure if I even trust microchips. We got Tora this past January and he got chipped before we got him. I really do think it fell out. I was petting the spot once and something fell off... I'm not sure if it was the chip or a scab, but it healed almost immediately after that. But if I got it done, it'd be as young as possible.

the chips i think they just put in in a shot, at least thats what the spca told me. stowrm has 2 chips in her neck. like with the spaying she got it done once for each time she showed up at the spca because someone decided not to read her paperwork. i think thats why they tattood her the second time, so people would stop spaying the poor girl  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:19 am
kage no neko
I'd support tattooing for ID reasons if I even had a clue what you'd tattoo on them. Like what would you put on it, your address or phone number? Then what if it changes... you know?

But I'm not sure if I even trust microchips. We got Tora this past January and he got chipped before we got him. I really do think it fell out. I was petting the spot once and something fell off... I'm not sure if it was the chip or a scab, but it healed almost immediately after that. But if I got it done, it'd be as young as possible.

You'd tattoo the same thing you get from the microchip - an ID number that's registered to a database, put in the number..get the owners info. With Racehorses and other registered livestock it generally also links to their pedigree, past performances etc.  

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:31 pm
Shanna66

the chips i think they just put in in a shot, at least thats what the spca told me. stowrm has 2 chips in her neck. like with the spaying she got it done once for each time she showed up at the spca because someone decided not to read her paperwork. i think thats why they tattood her the second time, so people would stop spaying the poor girl

Yeah, chips are just put in with a *rather big* needle, like a shot. They are about the size, and shape, of a grain of rice. Usually they go in between the shoulders, but I've seen them on the neck and on the sides of the shoulders as well (which I think makes it tender to be pet there, since its all muscle...).

Poor girl! Honestly though, they should have seen a scar from her first spay! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:37 pm
Akari_32
Shanna66

Yeah, chips are just put in with a *rather big* needle, like a shot. They are about the size, and shape, of a grain of rice. Usually they go in between the shoulders, but I've seen them on the neck and on the sides of the shoulders as well (which I think makes it tender to be pet there, since its all muscle...).

Poor girl! Honestly though, they should have seen a scar from her first spay! gonk

she has no scar at all from her spays! i dont know how she does it. she has gotten all sorts of little scratches and scrapes while living with me and they heal up fast and with no scaring  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:07 pm
Shanna66
Akari_32
Shanna66

she has no scar at all from her spays! i dont know how she does it. she has gotten all sorts of little scratches and scrapes while living with me and they heal up fast and with no scaring

Wow. Crazy. My dogs have scars from being fixed (well, except the ones that arent fixed rolleyes ), and scar when they hurt themselves bad enough (mostly on their noses were they nick each other play fighting). You can also usually feel if they are fixed or not, by rubbing their tummies (if that makes sense XD)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:11 pm
Akari_32
Shanna66
Akari_32
Shanna66

Wow. Crazy. My dogs have scars from being fixed (well, except the ones that arent fixed rolleyes ), and scar when they hurt themselves bad enough (mostly on their noses were they nick each other play fighting). You can also usually feel if they are fixed or not, by rubbing their tummies (if that makes sense XD)

i know, my dad and sister's dogs have little tummy bumps but stowrm just doesnt. my dog isnt of this world XD  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:15 pm
Shanna66

i know, my dad and sister's dogs have little tummy bumps but stowrm just doesnt. my dog isnt of this world XD

ALIEN PUPPY!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:14 am
Akari_32
Shanna66

ALIEN PUPPY!!!

it would explain her crazy amount of energy lol  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff