Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
Brown Sugar Cookies AND Maple Caramel Frosting C:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

V2Mew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:23 am
Okay, I make these homemade brown sugar cookies and top them with homemade caramel maple frosting. When I bake them for my friends at school they all mob me in the hall for some...so I'm assuming that mean they like them xDD I thought I should share the recipe with all of you!!
Be forewarned that they are very sweet >w<

The recipe makes about 36 cookies. Also when I make the cookies I sprinkle on pure cane sugar on top of the frosting to give it a crunch-- you don't have to do that though, that is just what I like to do C:

Cookie Recipe
--------
1 cup margarine
2 cups light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients together (when mixing together mix in 1 cup of flour at a time to prevent the bowl from overflowing). Once everything is mixed and has a nice dough texture scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet coated with non stick spray (one cookie = 1 spoonful of dough). Bake at 350 or 375 for about 15minutes or until they look golden brown/done!

Frosting Recipe
----------
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons milk
3 cups confection sugar
1 drizzle of maple syrup

Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in brown sugar, salt and milk. Stir the contents to a boil and keep stirring at a boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat after stirring for 3 minutes and let it chill to room temperature (you can place the saucepan in the fridge to speed this process up as long as you check on it and it doesn't get below room temperature, stir occasionally as it is cooling). When the mixture reaches room temperature pour in the confection sugar and stir and beat until smooth (I suggest stirring in 1 cup of confection sugar at a time to prevent the bowl from overflowing). Drizzle in maple syrup and stir it evenly into the frosting. When you are done making the frosting spread it with the back of a spoon onto the cookies.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:30 am
sounds supah yummy ;o  

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:10 pm
Oh man I'm doing this next time I start baking. Thanks!  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games