Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Divine Romance

2,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:01 am
So im 24 and I have never had a Boyfriend or been on a date. I have had Crushes but it was either on someone already taken or I was just to shy to tell him and I waited to long. As a Christian I believe that God has someone for me and I just have to wait. But sometimes waiting is just so hard. Almost all my friends from High school/College are either Married,Engaged,In Relationships and some even have Kids. It's hard to go on Facebook and see all those little pink hearts it makes me sad sometimes. I feel like im the only one in this situation.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:55 am
You. Are. Not. Alone.
emotion_hug

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

V2Mew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:35 pm
I understand it can see hard to see all stuff on fb and all, but just think,
one day that will be you~
I'm sure you will find someone for you sooner than later C:  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:52 pm
Sounds like the first thing you need to do is get over that shyness. X3
I know how it feels, it can be seriously cripling.
If you are crushing on someone though - ask the lord to help you approach this person. That's all you can really do.

But on another note, don't be to eager for a relationship on a romantic level - whoever it is/will be try starting out as friends - my parents are like this. After about 2 years of friendship and 3 years of dating they are still together 20 years on with two kids and a business. Throughout all this they have trusted God to help them and guide them.

I mean - I'm not overly religious myself and am currently their biggest source of worry, but I do see that god or whatever has worked in their lives. I love them to death.

Some day soon, you will be able to say that all your worries are for nothing. Just trust, and work towards your goal in close consultation with God. In saying that, make sure your aims are not selfish - you can start a relationship for the wrong reasons. Make sure you are actually ready.

Sorry if this confuses you. T.T  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Divine Romance

2,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:45 pm
Stormgem
Sounds like the first thing you need to do is get over that shyness. X3
I know how it feels, it can be seriously cripling.
If you are crushing on someone though - ask the lord to help you approach this person. That's all you can really do.

But on another note, don't be to eager for a relationship on a romantic level - whoever it is/will be try starting out as friends - my parents are like this. After about 2 years of friendship and 3 years of dating they are still together 20 years on with two kids and a business. Throughout all this they have trusted God to help them and guide them.

I mean - I'm not overly religious myself and am currently their biggest source of worry, but I do see that god or whatever has worked in their lives. I love them to death.

Some day soon, you will be able to say that all your worries are for nothing. Just trust, and work towards your goal in close consultation with God. In saying that, make sure your aims are not selfish - you can start a relationship for the wrong reasons. Make sure you are actually ready.

Sorry if this confuses you. T.T

that did confuse me at all it actually helped smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:43 pm
Honestly, it sucks waiting, whether god has someone for us or not. You just have to make a move. Or at least get over your shyness and maybe a guy will notice you and make the first move. If you just keep waiting and don't do anything about it, then it's not gonna happen.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:23 pm
I know how you feel.
Waiting can be real bad, I know.
But the most patient ones get the best results. c:  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:44 pm
Yeah getting over the shyness around boys is hard to. Im one of those girls who is like OMGOSH its my crush eek *body shuts down* What do I do!!?! D:  

Divine Romance

2,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:46 pm
sometimes im so anxious for love...but i know im not ready.
my one experience with a boyfriend crashed and burned and is still burning.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:47 pm
Yea Im anxious for it but waiting is the hard part  

Divine Romance

2,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

reshi xx

Tipsy Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:01 am
Yea, waiting sucks. But you're not alone. You're going to meet someome some day. If you're really tired of waiting, try online dating. It works. emotion_c8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:58 pm
I am a christian as well and I know how hard it is to wait. i am still waitng. it hard not to have a bf cause all my christian friends do. i have a silver ring and it helps me alot reminding me i am waitng for just the right guy.  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 pm
User Image

I know how it is to be crippled by shyness... most of the guys I was interested in over the years never knew because I was afraid to tell them. But you should try to break out of it a bit. Now I'm not religious at all, so that may influence me here, but my opinion is that it's nice to think that there's a perfect match for us out there somewhere, but... it seems to me that even if there is such a person, one of you is still going to have to make the first move or it will never happen. What if your future man is just as shy as you are? Waiting for the right guy is all well and good, but if you don't meet new guys, how are you going to find the right one? That's not to say you should go overboard and date a bunch of guys just because... but if there's a guy you really like, try to pluck up the courage to let him know. wink

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:56 pm
I'm 17 an have never been in a relationship.
It doesn't seem that old, but being in college and never having had much experience with dating makes me feel like when I will I'll mess it up!
I too am a Christian.
I was never allowed to date non-Christian guys, as those are family rules, but it was always "I won't date the so-so guys if they aren't Christians, but if THAT guy asks me then I can't say no."
But this year God's been showing me over and over again that he doesn't want me dating non-Christian guys. Bringing me to 2 Corinthians 6:14 a couple times. And that he has a plan for me.
Don't settle for second best. God has a plan for you, and when the creator of the world promises you good stuff, you better believe it'll happen. ("For I know the plans I have for you......" -- I'm sure you know the verse!!)
I don't know any tips for overcoming shyness, but that's just the experience I have to offer!!
Hope it helps you!! ♥  

viper_353

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces